Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study some Celtic as part of my degree possibly. Is Celtic available for 2017 entry?
    I know it must be combined so History&Celtic.

I emailed the departement a week ago and had no reply.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by jackmolineux)
    I want to study some Celtic as part of my degree possibly. Is Celtic available for 2017 entry?
    I know it must be combined so History&Celtic.

I emailed the departement a week ago and had no reply.
    Are you sure you have the right uni? I am pretty sure Oxford don't offer Celtic at undergrad degree level. I just checked the languages faculty website and it's not listed...

Are you sure you're not thinking of Cambridge, as opposed to Oxford? I believe they offer Celtic as part of the ASNAC degree (Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic studies) :yes:

EDIT: Apologies, my bad - I clearly wasn't looking hard enough! Seems the undergrad course may not be quite up and running, as such?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Are you sure you have the right uni? I am pretty sure Oxford don't offer Celtic at undergrad degree level. I just checked the languages faculty website and it's not listed...

Are you sure you're not thinking of Cambridge, as opposed to Oxford? I believe they offer Celtic as part of the ASNAC degree (Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic studies) :yes:

EDIT: Apologies, my bad - I clearly wasn't looking hard enough! Seems the undergrad course may not be quite up and running, as such?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Perhaps it's the reverse: I saw an article in summer saying Oxford were closing their Celtic course, but maybe I got mixed up!*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.