Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've got a friend who frequently posts depressing stuff on Facebook about her eating disorders etc. I've really tried to keep her spirits up but she just seems so negative about herself & life in general Any tips? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Go visit her and massage her shoulders, it'll get rid of any tension knots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Hi I've got a friend who frequently posts depressing stuff on Facebook about her eating disorders etc. I've really tried to keep her spirits up but she just seems so negative about herself & life in general Any tips? Thanks
    I think just being there for her helps. Maybe do something together like going to a park or talk or something.You could also maybe try and figure out why it happened. Maybe she's stressing out about something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    I think just being there for her helps. Maybe do something together like going to a park or talk or something.You could also maybe try and figure out why it happened. Maybe she's stressing out about something.
    Well she's in hospital at the moment, so can't really do that. I've visited her once, but not really viable to visit her any more times sadly as the hospital is tricky to get to. Planning to catch up once she gets out which is hopefully soon, I've tried all I can to bring as much positive energy as I could but I'm finding it really hard to keep her spirits up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Well she's in hospital at the moment, so can't really do that. I've visited her once, but not really viable to visit her any more times sadly as the hospital is tricky to get to. Planning to catch up once she gets out which is hopefully soon, I've tried all I can to bring as much positive energy as I could but I'm finding it really hard to keep her spirits up
    I hope she gets better soon. It sounds like you're doing okay with her so far, I mean, like it sounds like you're able to keep her spirits up. You never know, you might be underestimating the things you're doing, it might be working really well, it's just, this is always slow.

So, sometimes, it might feel like it isn't working that well. I'm kinda assuming that she's not eating too well, so maybe ease her back into it or something. Offer her food or something but in a casual way like usual. Some people feel a bit bad when it gets pointed out. Like I said though, this might not be the exact reason why she feels down but helping with one of them might make her feel better.

Sorry if I sound like I'm rambling.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.