Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I do something about this, or just let it slip till my parents come home? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For the last 4 days/nights, the house has been full of my younger sister's and brother's friends. My parents and other sister are away until the 1st.

The place reeks of weed. It's also a bit of a dump because my siblings aren't really bothering to clean up. They haven't even bothered to take the trash outside for the binmen. Not to mention that they're extremely loud and don't crash till 3-4 am.

I know most of you would just let it slip because it's not your responsibility, but I know for a fact that I'll get some of the blame from my parents if they come home to the smell and the mess.

I also don't want to be a ******** and ask them to leave...

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    For the last 4 days/nights, the house has been full of my younger sister's and brother's friends. My parents and other sister are away until the 1st.

The place reeks of weed. It's also a bit of a dump because my siblings aren't really bothering to clean up. They haven't even bothered to take the trash outside for the binmen. Not to mention that they're extremely loud and don't crash till 3-4 am.

I know most of you would just let it slip because it's not your responsibility, but I know for a fact that I'll get some of the blame from my parents if they come home to the smell and the mess.

I also don't want to be a ******** and ask them to leave...

Any advice?
    Be a ******** and tell them to leave and they should not be there at 3-4am
    Tell them to leave before or by 11am
    If you don't tell them you will get the blame
    Ask them to clean up, especially their rooms and put the trash out if they don't then you got no choice but to do it yourself
    Tell them to keep the noise down or your going to throw them out or just put a ban on all their friends coming round all together because their clearly taking the piss
    If they don't do this when your parents are at home then they should not be allowed to do it because they are away.
    Don't worry about their friends resenting you for putting your foot down because their opinion is not valid because they don' live there. Tell your siblings to go round their friends house. Pretend your parents rang you up and said they are ckming back the next day then they have to clean up and the friends can't come round again then when your parents don't come just say maybe tbey got delayed but they will be there the next day

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you know the answer. Your parents trusted you. Whose respect do you value the most, your parents or the mates of your younger siblings?

ReputationRep:
    you're the older sibling, tbh you shouldn't have let it go this far... having a party or whatever while your parents are away is maybe normal but they need to keep on top of cleaning and not fill the house with weed - that's not okay... I would take your younger siblings aside and say the house is gross and this is going way too far and they either need to sort it out or their friends need to leave

set specific rules like smoking weed outside/in one room with the window open, rubbish goes in the bin next morning, house is quiet after X time

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.