What's the worst thing about a person? Watch

Poll: What's the worst thing about someone?
Arrogance/self righteousness (25)
28.09%
Rudeness (8)
8.99%
Pedantry(being overly anal about stuff) (2)
2.25%
Intolerance: religious (1)
1.12%
Intolerance: other (10)
11.24%
Greed (1)
1.12%
Anger (3)
3.37%
Pettyness(spite) (3)
3.37%
Judgemental behaviour (6)
6.74%
Boringness (5)
5.62%
Lack of a sense of humour (7)
7.87%
Poor grooming (3)
3.37%
Laziness (3)
3.37%
One track mind/obsessiveness (1)
1.12%
stupidity(general unwise behaviour) (5)
5.62%
Other: Please explain? (6)
6.74%
Sidhe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
What's the worst charcter trait in someone?

I think it's arrogance, I'm occasionally guilty of it but I try not to make a habit of it, but when I see it in others as a commonly expressed trait it drives me up the wall.

Simple question what turns you off of someone easily what's most unbecoming in others?

Poll coming, I had lots of options but kept them to 16 if you have an other tell us about the person in question

All anecdotes welcome.
</gibberish>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pedantry, without a doubt!
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Constantly telling other people what to do is annoying as hell. :mad:
lilac!!
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
i think its "Arrogance/self righteousness"
upagumtree
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pettyness for me definately.
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
rudeness and arrogance
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Would have to be a few off of there..

Lack of a sense of humour - That serously sucks...

Arrogance/self righteousness/Rudeness.
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Easily boringness.
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pretentiousness - either snobbish, shallow aspirations and attitudes or silly conforming behaviour to play a part while ignoring the best of their character. It grinds my gears to see how many teenagers feel they have to make a statement about themselves and their angst...it's the most boring thing in the world.
Sidhe
Rep:
?
Emo's piss me off, yes I was an angst ridden teenager, no I did not self harm to bring attention to myself, it must be soooooooo hard living in a wealthy nation and owning more now than an African will ever own in seven generations, stuff is sooooooooooo hard for you, diddums. As you say that sort of thing can be self indulgent and pretentious.
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Sidhe)
Emo's piss me off, yes I was an angst ridden teenager, no I did not self harm to bring attention to myself, it must be soooooooo hard living in a wealthy nation and owning more now than an African will ever own in seven generations, stuff is sooooooooooo hard for you, diddums. As you say that sort of thing can be self indulgent and pretentious.
Yup - nothing wrong with a good old moan, but the whole "the world is out to get me, boo hoo, think I'll make myself look all mysterious and brooding and get 'alternative' interests to get more attention" is pathetic and noone cares!
Or maybe I'm just too much of an optimist to ever take them on
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by pikaboo)
Pretentiousness - either snobbish, shallow aspirations and attitudes or silly conforming behaviour to play a part while ignoring the best of their character. It grinds my gears to see how many teenagers feel they have to make a statement about themselves and their angst...it's the most boring thing in the world.
Doesnt that just count as being plain boring then. Most pretentious people dont really have character, thats why they do it.
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RK89)
Doesnt that just count as being plain boring then. Most pretentious people dont really have character, thats why they do it.
Everyone has character, it's just that some people choose to repress it because they think it's not cool. But yeah, they'd probably go under the boring category
Glutamic Acid
Report 11 years ago
Intolerance pisses me off. I hate it when people think that their lifestyle is the correct lifestyle.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by pikaboo)
Everyone has character, it's just that some people choose to repress it because they think it's not cool. But yeah, they'd probably go under the boring category
I would say some people are characterless, really way too many people are a parody of another. Two identical characters are basically one as far as i am concerned. I suppose that is why this world is over populated...
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
Intolerance pisses me off. I hate it when people think that their lifestyle is the correct lifestyle.
Its just human nature to think that you are better than others. It creates competition between people, and intresting things can arise out of it. Its when that intolerence becomes hatred then we have a problem.
AngryJellyfish
  • Section Leader
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Intolerance in general. People should at least tolerate other beliefs/interests etc, even if it goes against their own beliefs.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
Intolerance in general. People should at least tolerate other beliefs/interests etc, even if it goes against their own beliefs.
What do you do with the ones who follow totally intolerant religions (a lot of people really). Tolerate them? Seems as if you are in a catch-22 position here.
Sidhe
Rep:
?
(Original post by LPK)
Are you trying to say moderators are annoying

Actually I thinks something I value immensely is independence of character, people who are different and don't pander to the in thing impress me more than sheep, always have. I think it's important to stand apart in some respects not to be a conformist.

That's the thing about emos though they think their rebelling but the very fact they've joined a group means there just conforming to another herd.
~Lc~
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by LPK)
quite and sit down :hmmm:

Spoiler:
Show
:p:

would I ever tell you what to do?:angel:

erm I dunno right now I'll edit this later and say :p:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.69%
No (549)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise