Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

My Year 12 Journey - Meh GCSEs to Good AS Grades [Renamed]

ReputationRep:
    #1 - Introduction

Hey, I'm Evie.

So like I've been talking here for a few weeks now and I thought I'd start a blog.

Now in my GCSEs, I got average grades for a student (Definitely not as good as most of you) but it was mainly because I had like nearly half of my school life off. I revised like hell for my exams but when I got my grades it was pretty average.

About me:

You wanna know who I am, don't you?

So I'm 16, a brummie girl who is going to start college in a few weeks (Induction on 7th, proper start on 12th). I've been bullied most of my life and am currently living with depression and anxiety (but let's not dwell on them, shall we?)

I want to get brilliant grades in my A-Levels so this blog is basically the journey of that, really. I'm going to study: Media Studies, Fine Arts and Drama and Theatre Studies. I love all three and hope that my future career is based on them. I'm very hopeful to get a job to help pay for equipment and just to help my parents out.

Also, I love cats. Love Cats. I have four of the things, Poppy (10 Y/O), Milly (9 Y/O), Jack (We don't know his age, he was a stray) and Mia (1 1/2 Y/O). Jack loves the sink and sleeps in it, hence us spending most of our bloody time cleaning it

Also, video games. PC gamer myself and I love games like Fallout 4, Skyrim, Portal etc. I do like the less gamer type games like Sims and such. (Sims 2 is my favourite, yeah so old-school)

Anyway, that's it for me, tonight. I need my sleep! See ya guys

ReputationRep:
    We are so alike!

Similar grade profile, (1A*, 3A, 4B, 2C and 1D ) and circumstances too. (Sims 3 is the best tho)
    It seems we're in the same boat, though I'm two years older but currently going into year 13 since I moved last year and started A Levels again. So on that note if you have any questions at all or you wanna talk to someone I'm always a message away!

Good luck with your studies, I'm sure you'll smash it. I'll be watching your thread.

ReputationRep:
    Word of warning: don't use the words aw*some or gr*at on TSR.

Otherwise good luck.

I'll be going now.

I'm being watched.

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brxvebird)
    We are so alike!

Similar grade profile, (1A*, 3A, 4B, 2C and 1D ) and circumstances too. (Sims 3 is the best tho)
    It seems we're in the same boat, though I'm two years older but currently going into year 13 since I moved last year and started A Levels again. So on that note if you have any questions at all or you wanna talk to someone I'm always a message away!

Good luck with your studies, I'm sure you'll smash it. I'll be watching your thread.
    Thank you! I do love the aspects of Sims 3, I play them both a lot

Will do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got BBBBBCCCDD in my GCSE'S and AAAB at AS Level

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    #2 - Why is new equipment so good?

Oh crap, second post. Am I actually that interesting?

So I've been buying equipment. Loads of equipment. I want to be well prepared and as people say, be well prepared in your A-Levels. I can't wait for induction, I really have nothing to do anymore (Even if I know once I start I'll want the summer holidays back). I can't wait for art, college is not like school according to my brother, apparently, they treat you like an adult and don't dictate what goes in your project, you do. I mean I'm even having the same tutor my brother had like 6-8 years ago, that'll be fun if they notice we're related

I love art so much, I have so much equipment for art so I'll have TONS to do at home.

Oh wow, as I write this Mia is licking my toe...

I got so much equipment, some from my school days and a lot from ASDA. I mean, I got a lovely Pukka Essentials box and it contains quite a few things, most worth 2-3 pound each when the box was only £6. Many books and folders to be organised, I'm going to study and do work outside college as much as I can. I'm still in shock that I'm going to college, I feel too young! Watch out something might Fallout my bag. (Hopefully, those who play Fallout and look at my bag get that)

Just a short post for tonight. Have a good night, people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    #1 - Introduction

Hey, I'm Evie.

So like I've been talking here for a few weeks now and I thought I'd start a blog.

Now in my GCSEs, I got average grades for a student (Definitely not as good as most of you) but it was mainly because I had like nearly half of my school life off. I revised like hell for my exams but when I got my grades it was pretty average.

About me:

You wanna know who I am, don't you?

So I'm 16, a brummie girl who is going to start college in a few weeks (Induction on 7th, proper start on 12th). I've been bullied most of my life and am currently living with depression and anxiety (but let's not dwell on them, shall we?)

I want to get brilliant grades in my A-Levels so this blog is basically the journey of that, really. I'm going to study: Media Studies, Fine Arts and Drama and Theatre Studies. I love all three and hope that my future career is based on them. I'm very hopeful to get a job to help pay for equipment and just to help my parents out.

Also, I love cats. Love Cats. I have four of the things, Poppy (10 Y/O), Milly (9 Y/O), Jack (We don't know his age, he was a stray) and Mia (1 1/2 Y/O). Jack loves the sink and sleeps in it, hence us spending most of our bloody time cleaning it

Also, video games. PC gamer myself and I love games like Fallout 4, Skyrim, Portal etc. I do like the less gamer type games like Sims and such. (Sims 2 is my favourite, yeah so old-school)

Anyway, that's it for me, tonight. I need my sleep! See ya guys
    Hey Evie ,
    I'm going into sixth form like you too check my blog out
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4228678
    Your blog looks very interesting, i will be watching it

ReputationRep:
    #3 - Induction

So I went to college for the first time today, mainly for induction, you know, to meet my tutorial tutor, meet my tutorial group and make friends.

It was really good! I had a lot of fun and talked to people, like I never talk to people usually I'm shy but college grew me out of my bubble and I talked to practically most of my group. I met a girl who is doing all the same subjects as me which is pretty cool and we got chatting about how annoying GCSE art teachers are. I also met a girl who may not be doing the same subjects as me but is very nice and I like her.

I learnt today that it takes an hour to get to college opposed to a ten-minute walk to school ;-;

I start Monday and I hope to still be interesting enough for people, can't wait until Art and Drama

Right, that's it for me, I'm knackered

ReputationRep:
    #4 - Post Introductory Lessons

Been a while! Sorry about that, been busy settling in and for the past week and a half have had bronchitis.

So I've been doing well, met people in my classes and even made an advert for media. Definitely a huge difference to GCSEs but I prefer college.

Drama and Theatre Studies

I actually had to make a Facebook and tumblr account for Drama. My tutor is really nice and has given me work to do while I'm away. My class is great too we're all supporting each other and we treat each other like friends more than classmates. We're studying a script we have an exam on in May next year called Equus. I don't recommend it though, it is horribly weird.

We do some great stuff in drama and to think I was actually going to swap it for creative writing! So glad I didn't now...

Media Studies

Media oh media. Pretty hectic already, I love it I do but I can already tell that this is the subject that'll kill me. So much to do, so little time. That's A-Levels for you! So we had an introductory media thing where we made an advert and present it while analysing it.

I can't wait until we get right into it, I love media, even if we have to make things on macs. Overall, stressful but good.

Fine Art

We're doing lots of portraits, specifically an A1 charcoal portrait of ourselves. Bloody challenging but I loved it, same as the pencil pieces I'm doing. I just hope that I can keep up with all the work.

Class is also nice and we all help each other out with equipment and advice.

Targets and Stuff

My targets for the end of the year are CCC which while good (since I'd needed DDD to stay on to A2) I want to attempt to get BBB or higher, especially since AS Media counts 50% towards my overall A-Level for media.

So I will try to update everyone on this with studying and other things but so far not much work, but it'll pick up and I'll be on my 16 hours per week independent study.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.