Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm strongly thinking of applying to UEA in 2017 for accounting and finance but I just had a few questions about life at UEA itself!
    1) What is the social life like at UEA - are there loads of opportunities to meet new people?
    2) This sounds quite odd but how are the selections of restaurants around the uni?
    3) Is there anything that hasn't been what you expected it to be - good or bad?
    4) Are there loads of different cultures at UEA?
    5) How often do people tend to travel back home if they're living on campus?
    6) Any other advice/comments??

Any answers would be a great help!! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm doing a master degree in NBS, hope my answers will help
    1) There are a lot of opportunities to meet new people. I can't remember any specially dedicated events for this, but basically people meet during and theme nights. Also there are many clubs and societies, so finding someone to hang out with shouldn't be a problem.
    2)The uni is little far away from the city (check the map) so there are no restaurants around it. However, there are plenty places on campus where to eat.
    4) Yes. It also depends on your course. I suppose you're going to do an undergrad degree so there would be a lot of international students on your course for sure.
    5) Depends on what you call home But generally home, EU and international students go home during breaks (winter, spring and summer).

ReputationRep:
    Oh, as they say, UEA is wonderful.

They're not lying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _niki)
    I'm strongly thinking of applying to UEA in 2017 for accounting and finance but I just had a few questions about life at UEA itself!
    1) What is the social life like at UEA - are there loads of opportunities to meet new people?
    2) This sounds quite odd but how are the selections of restaurants around the uni?
    3) Is there anything that hasn't been what you expected it to be - good or bad?
    4) Are there loads of different cultures at UEA?
    5) How often do people tend to travel back home if they're living on campus?
    6) Any other advice/comments??

Any answers would be a great help!! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    1) Yes there definitley are- in halls if you choose to live there, on your course, in societies, through the initial friends you make
    2) Around the area is largely residential so there aren't any restaurants immediately outside the uni. However there are several places on campus serving food including a pub, art gallery (the Sainsbury Centre), a canteen and a few coffee shop style places. The city centre is a 15-20 minute bus ride away and has all the usual chains plus nice independent restaurants.
    4) I actually finished at UEA a year ago so I can't say what its like on campus now, but certainly it was getting more diverse beyond the usual white British and Chinese students, I did notice more British Asians, Black British and European students around. There are quite a few cultural societies including the African Carribean one (ACS)
    5) Certainly almost everyone I knew went home every holiday, and most people from the UK popped home for the odd weekend once a semester.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.