Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    These are my results:

Maths:A
    History:B but 1 mark off A so getting remarked
    Art:B+C
    Core science:B
    Additional science:A (physics:a chemistry:a biology:b)
    Re:C
    Btec sports: Level 2 pass
    English lang:B
    English lit:C

Thank you all the help would be very much appreciated.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    maths, additional science and english language seem OK (core science ideally I would have said a or a*) but it all depends on your a levels (ideally a*a*a for top unis or at least AAA for lower grade unis (it doesnt matter which uni you go to as people from low ranked unis do pre-regs in places like GOSH, Guys and St Thomas and some other top hospitals and everyone does exactly the same pre-reg exam and is expected to know the same things (heck I know guys from places like kingston, hertfordshire and medway who are way smarter than guys who got 2:1s and firsts from UCL, Kings, Cardiff, Aston,Notts to name a few)

ReputationRep:
    yeah i would've loved to and was hoping for better grades but it just wasnt my day i guess.
    Thanks for your help though really appreciate it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hassan777)
    yeah i would've loved to and was hoping for better grades but it just wasnt my day i guess.
    Thanks for your help though really appreciate it.
    no problem

ReputationRep:
    do you think these grades are good enough for medicine if you don't mind e asking?

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna sound horrible now but...

I'm sick of all these are my GCSEs good enough to do "x-course" at uni? Threads.

If you're going Oxford or Cambridge then make sure you have good GCSEs, but anywhere else won't really care. You're all thinking too far ahead, you have 2 of the hardest academic years of your life coming up with A-Levels which are the qualifications the unis will really look at in detail.

In short if you got good enough grades to do the required A-Levels then yes! This is because this is the next stage in the process- not the degree

I commend you for thinking ahead that far because that is sensible, but just think before you ask :L

Sorry but none of y'all seem to have common sense sometimes- go look at uni websites too that's where you'll find your definite answer.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by L33t)
    I'm gonna sound horrible now but...

I'm sick of all these are my GCSEs good enough to do "x-course" at uni? Threads.

If you're going Oxford or Cambridge then make sure you have good GCSEs, but anywhere else won't really care. You're all thinking too far ahead, you have 2 of the hardest academic years of your life coming up with A-Levels which are the qualifications the unis will really look at in detail.

In short if you got good enough grades to do the required A-Levels then yes! This is because this is the next stage in the process- not the degree

I commend you for thinking ahead that far because that is sensible, but just think before you ask :L

Sorry but none of y'all seem to have common sense sometimes- go look at uni websites too that's where you'll find your definite answer.
    Oxbridge doesnt do pharmacy (or dentistry for that matter). in terms of highest overall (ie non-individual subject matters), were talking birmingham and durham. notts,aston,cardiff tend to ramp up their a level requirements and usually you need med school grades for a levels to get in. but in all honesty, all unis teach the same thing. the only difference is higher unis, from what I gather, require more coursework (and usually tend to cram less info into sutdents during lectures vs lower ranked schools)

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's aren't too important for Pharmacy - you're fine as long as you have plenty of them at A*-C.

A lot of Pharmacy schools will ask for B's in English and Maths (Nottingham is the only one that requires an A in Maths), while some really good universities only ask for C's in these subjects e.g Bath and Durham.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.