username2821696
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Because my Core maths course was cancelled & I just didn't get the grade I needed for Spanish I need to choose two different Alevels by Thursday.

I was thinking of doing:

Biology - definitely keeping
Psychology - definitely keeping
English (Literature & Language)
AS: Sociology

I could swap Sociology for Geography but I find the majority of Geography quite boring. Also, when it gets to AS I could keep the social science I find most interesting.

Please give the options you honest opinions, rates out of 10 or anything because I really need responses! Thank you!
A.Caster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ellafay13)
Because my Core maths course was cancelled & I just didn't get the grade I needed for Spanish I need to choose two different Alevels by Thursday.

I was thinking of doing:

Biology - definitely keeping
Psychology - definitely keeping
English (Literature & Language)
AS: Sociology

I could swap Sociology for Geography but I find the majority of Geography quite boring. Also, when it gets to AS I could keep the social science I find most interesting.

Please give the options you honest opinions, rates out of 10 or anything because I really need responses! Thank you!
Hi there!
You already know what you're interested in so what are you waiting for? As for me I'm doing Sociology and find it a right decision in many ways. However it can be very challenging because you need to think hard and be really critical if you want to answer questions well. Extra research should be important for you to understand what is included in the textbook, which to me is mostly introductory. My exam board is CIE. I don't know the syllabus of other boards. What's yours?

I'm doing Psychology too and this is my question http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4289062 Would like to know your opinions if you can spare some time . Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (218)
43.86%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.27%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (37)
7.44%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.33%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (53)
10.66%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.43%

Watched Threads