Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I keep my hair straight after straightening it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My hair is naturally wavy. When I straighten it with heat protection and styling products of course, after a few minutes it goes wavy again, every time. How can I prevent that from happening and keep my hair straight for at least a day or two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried wrapping your hair? After shower you can wrap either side then after few hours wrap the other side. When you are done, you can take the Bobby pins out and there will be some wavy parts though so what i do, I straighten them. You can search on YouTube how to do it, it's long process if you have long hair but it's worth it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    John frieda 3 day straight is pretty good. I find that if I wash and condition my hair and straight out the shower coat in 3 day straight and a heat protector then blow dry downwards. Afterwards I go in with my straighteners until straight. Then back in with the cool setting on the hairdryer to lock it in place. I can usually get a day out of it with just a little waving. The next day it just needs a touch up rather than starting from scratch again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What hair straighteners are you using as I found the my Tresemme set were just not cutting it.. I went to GHDs years ago because they're the ones my hairdresser used and the finish is far better

ReputationRep:
    Put a serum or setting spray on it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.