Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Im currently doing CIE AS Psychology. I just checked the grades threshold and I see theres an error. Or its just that I dont understand.

http://www.cie.org.uk/images/283918-...er-2015.pdfWhy is it said on the page the maximum total mark for AS Level is 100? but total of both papers are actually over 150? (Paper 1 80 and Paper 2 70)
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by mollylilianna)
    Hi! Im currently doing CIE AS Psychology. I just checked the grades threshold and I see theres an error. Or its just that I dont understand.

http://www.cie.org.uk/images/283918-...er-2015.pdfWhy is it said on the page the maximum total mark for AS Level is 100? but total of both papers are actually over 150? (Paper 1 80 and Paper 2 70)
    Whilst I am not familiar with it and it does look confusing, I would say the 70 and 80 are raw marks, and for example if you took option AX then you'd need 147 marks for an A*, which I presume is 180/200 in terms of results (if those are A2 modules..)

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone. jic anyone else is wondering too, Ive figured it out.
    According to the grades threshold Ive linked above, to get a B it has said 51/100 = 51% (for 12, 22)
    I tried to total up both papers
    so the breakdown to get a B: P12: 33/80
    P22: 47/70
    (33 + 47) divide by 150 x 100 = 51%
    so basically, the grades threshold shows overall in percentage

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 2, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.