sleepin wiv ex... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by sophisticated)
Its not that simple though is it...he's cheating on another girl with her!
I know I'll be so in for it once I say this...But he's kinda cheating on her anyway...
He's been kissing and snogging lots of girls at clubs...
and he took a condom on holiday and was actually looking for sex...

Ok, i'm just gonna go hide in a hole now before ppl start giving me sarcastic or nasty comments....

I'm sorry for asking for the advice, but i did go out with the guy for 5 years...
no matter how much of an idiot he is, i will always love him...
Mainly because I felt i drove him away from me....
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ISH)
There's a big difference between hearing what people say and listening to what people say.
umm..yes i do know that...
well i will listen to everything being said to me...
thats why i thanked the ppl
ISH
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok, sorry if my original post made me out to be a jackass. It's just so glaringly obvious that he's using you. In my weird way I'm trying to help you see that. Forgive me if I came off as harsh.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ISH)
Ok, sorry if my original post made me out to be a jackass. It's just so glaringly obvious that he's using you. In my weird way I'm trying to help you see that. Forgive me if I came off as harsh.
no u didnt its kool.. i just got a bit confused there..

its a bit of a tricky situation for me...
i dont want to lose him on the whole and the sex is satisfying for me, but i think by saying that i seem like a right ass..
sorry and thank u for the advice, i do agree and i will listen, i just needed a bit of opinion because i cant speak to anyone else about this
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im sure I replied to this yesterday, but maybe didnt bother. Too tired to care so here I go;

Right, me and my ex tried this, (ie sleeping together after ending our relationship) and it worked great for a while, but we both still had feelings for each other and whenever one of us would pull on a night out the other would get really jelous. This happened both ways, she pulled a good friend, I pulled someone in front of her to say "up yours" etc etc, but in the end it hurt alot more then just ending the reationship mutually and seeing each other as friends (ie keeping the sex/fun out of it). If your willing to accept that he will look for other girls and you will probally see or at least know that hes chatting up and trying to get with someone then it could work, but if your going to be at all protective/jelous dont do it!! There will always be a bit saying "hes mine" and seeing him with another lass might be very hard if your still shagging him at the same time!

Just my oppinion, but everyone is different and if you enjoy it then give it a go? Your more likely to regret the things not done than those which have failed in the attempt.
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ginag123)
he is using you for sex - he will NEVER get back with you...

get out now.
huh? where did she say she wanted to get back with him?

yeah, if you want it, go for it. don't let your emotions get in the way.
khil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
is it ok to sleep with ur ex?
i went out for 5 yrs with mine... loved him to bits but he cheated on me and broke up with me last june...
we slept together every week for the last 2 years so naturally theres a lot of lust that we have 2wards each other...
i still have feelings for him, he wants it to be just sex but because i feel a tad sexually frustrated and think he is good, i'm tempted..
we did have sex over easter.. it was amazing and he wants to do it again and so do i..
thing is i'm startin to feel bad about it..
what do u guys think? is it ok?

PS. his girlfriend that he left me for does not live in this country and she knew that me and him had been goin out for five years yet she took him away from me so no i don't give a **** that i'm sleepin with him for her sake (as harsh as that sounds)
Think of all the hurt you went through because of that girl cheating with your now-ex. And think of that pain being inflicted on someone else, deliberately, willingly, happily. That makes you absolutely no better than her for the attitude you hold.

And as for sleeping with him - you'll simply get attached and want more than sex from him eventually so you're setting yourself up for a heartbreak. That, in my humble opinion, is at best foolish. Either because you're so in love with him that you'd rather be with him this way rather than no way, or you're just being very stupid. You want sex, I'm sure there're other options over whom you won't break your heart.

In the end, it's up to you. But my advise is, stop now before you break your heart again.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
Well, my personal opinion is 'Why does sex, commitment and love have to be associated?' ... 'Does sex mean love and devotion in this world?'

I mean sex is enjoyable and in this situation it's mutually beneficial for both parties. I personally don't see why not as long as you set out that both parties realise it's sex only.

Problem here is she still has feelings for this guy and wants more than what he does.
*Katie*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Fine, he may be an evil and nasty person! But the sex is still mutually beneficial and enjoyable. Giving someone sex doesn't have to mean you like someone or you love someone, although in this society is usually is interpreted in that way.
But this in random sex. It's sex with an *ex*.
My rule on this: NO.

Even if it's good: You don't have it anymore, even if you want it (i.e. it'll stop the minute he's in a happy relationship, no questions asked).
If it does turn into a relationship - there's a reason why you broke up in the first place.

I can't think of a single case where this has worked out (even if I turn to the world of TV).
shauny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He may be 'using' her but ultimately she is planning to use him as well. She wants a bit of sex because she's frustrated, she didn't say she wants to be back with him.

OP, do what you want to do, that's the bottom line on this. You don't need our opinions on whether we each think it is 'right' to sleep with an ex.

..shauny
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shauny)
He may be 'using' her but ultimately she is planning to use him as well. She wants a bit of sex because she's frustrated, she didn't say she wants to be back with him.

OP, do what you want to do, that's the bottom line on this. You don't need our opinions on whether we each think it is 'right' to sleep with an ex.

..shauny
i still have feelings for him
Enough Said

thing is i'm startin to feel bad about it..
That's why it won't work.
shauny
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Enough Said

That's why it won't work.
To be fair, they both may have feelings for one another. But based purely on her emotional attachment and the fact that he has chosen not to be with her, it probably would be better for her mental health NOT to sleep with him.

Ultimately OP needs to decide what she can handle and act upon what she decides. I think you'll agree (Rock Fan) that posting for an answer on here is a bit moot. It's a personal decision, not one that one of us can make for her because we know little about OP

..shauny
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shauny)
To be fair, they both may have feelings for one another. But based purely on her emotional attachment and the fact that he has chosen not to be with her, it probably would be better for her mental health NOT to sleep with him.

Ultimately OP needs to decide what she can handle and act upon what she decides. I think you'll agree (Rock Fan) that posting for an answer on here is a bit moot. It's a personal decision, not one that one of us can make for her because we know little about OP

..shauny
True, at the end of the day it is up to the OP on whether she can handle it. All we can do is advise.
grammar_king
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Basically, he's using you for sex. If you're looking for a quick shag coz ur horny go to ANY club in Britain, it is piss easy for a girl to get a shag these days.
Bedshaped
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why not get back toghether with him?

Even if he's said no. Threaten to remove the sex and perhaps he'll realise what he's missing and come back and tell you he wants you back (as his girlfriend).

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You could just allow it?
Schmokie Dragon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, his new bird had no responsibility for your relationship, and you have no responsibility for hers.

There is no moral reason not to **** your ex. He is a man, with a penis, and you can bang him all you like.

However, speaking from personal experience, sleeping with the ex is one of the fastest ways to make you feel cheap, used and depressed. He does not care for you, and you will only upset yourself and maybe end up with false hope if you sleep with him when you still have feelings for him. If it was *just* about the sex, then that is one thing, but I think you could be hurt by this. You even say you are getting a bad feeling. I wouldn't risk being hurt again.
geordiebabehh
Report 11 years ago
ex'ss = a thing of the past.

move on, there are better people x
sophisticated
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Giving someone sex doesn't have to mean you like someone or you love someone
I'm sure the girl he's cheating on wouldnt see it that way though.
And I'm sure you wouldnt if you were in the same situation!?!?

To the OP; who cares if he's cheating elsewhere as well?
Two wrongs dont make a right, and it doesnt make you any more moral either.
Doesnt it make it worse anyway...that you're not the only girl he's using for sex?
I just hope you're using proper protection...god knows where he's been, you could end up catching an STI/STD.
campbell87
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Your wasting your time, you could be out there, getting over him and moving on, think of all the great guys who have passed you by because your carrying this on with him?
I think your holding out for him, I think you feel that if you carry on sleeping with him he will get all those old feelings back for you and leave his current gf for you, you think your winning him back, turning him, trying to make him love you, he on the other hand has found someone who is willing to jump into bed with him at the click of his fingers while his gf isnt around.
At the end of the day I think your just setting yourself up to be hurt all over again. You need to start saying no to him and find someone else, someone who deserves you and won't cheat on you, who won't use you and throw you away because thats what he will do. If he hasn't already left his gf and declared his undying love for you after all this time he never will.

You need to move on, and as hard as that sounds its the only way forward, he's an 'ex', he's your past and by carrying this on your staying in your past, you need to move forward
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
at the end of the day, it'll be you who gets hurt.
he sounds like a complete scum bag. he cheated on you, and now he's cheating on his new girlfriend with you.
go and find someone who will give a **** about you.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.65%
No (667)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise