Turn on thread page Beta

Short skirt + heels - how to make it not slutty? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    *wolf whistles*

ReputationRep:
    It's fine.. the skirt isn't uber uber short and you have good legs so you're okay. I often do the same thing because my legs are skinny so I want to show them off! When it gets into autumn you can wear tights with them if you're insecure about it. But as long as your tops aren't too revealing you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    That skirt is bloody awful.
    Skirts and heels should be banned.

ReputationRep:
    Short skirts and heels are awesome, they're my going out ensemble. There's nothing slutty about it unless your underwear is showing or the skirt is made of pleather or something tacky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarence)
    That skirt is bloody awful.
    Skirts and heels should be banned.

Skirts and heels should definitely not be banned. The beauty of heels are that they elongate your legs and make your calves look thinner - how can you show that off if you're not wearing a skirt? Obviously sometimes they can look slutty, but that's true for lots of fashions and most of the time it looks great.

ReputationRep:
    just dont wear a ****gy top and itll be fine

ReputationRep:
    beautiful. cowbag. (in the nicest possible way!) i be jealous

but yes, that's perfectly acceptable. looks fine, not ****gy in the slightest.

OP - your pics of your skirt and heels look cool

Love your heels by the way

ReputationRep:
    I'd wear a more interesting top. The tight t-shirt/mini/heels combination is a bit tacky I think, but hey, that's just my opinion! If you want to look like you stepped out of Footballers Wives...

ReputationRep:
    you look lovely........the "slut" thing is all in your head.

ReputationRep:
    a demure top perhaps. long sleeved, loose-fitting or flowy. maybe like a secretary top. or you could wear a small dress and heels.. or shorts, but make sure they're tailored so that they look smart.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, you don't look slutty at all! And you have great legs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becs_in_bath)
    Fab, thanks guys & girls! It's all a very good illusion - I'm only just 5ft 4, but the combination of peep-toes and a short skirt do seem to make my legs look longer. Being 22 now I desperately want to avoid looking like a ****gy teenager, but I think you've convinced me I can get away with something like the pics
    I feel exactly the same. I'm getting into a stage where I daren't wear any of my mini skirts. I'm 23, a teacher and getting marrieng in 4 weeks and just think - am I getting too old to be wearing these skirts?? :p:
    Like you, my legs are my best feature and feel it's a shame if I don't show them off while I still have the figure to do so.

I like the idea of wearing a t-shirt with a skirt and heels, so that it isn't too dressy, but still looks nice.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.