Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I think I work too much. I did really well at AS and now im going into A2 but I feel like I have no real hobbies and I am not a very happy person. I already made a thread about getting an instrument but I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same and any hobbies you enjoy to make you happier and have fum. Sorry I am using this as an outlet to release thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpme:))
    Hi, I think I work too much. I did really well at AS and now im going into A2 but I feel like I have no real hobbies and I am not a very happy person. I already made a thread about getting an instrument but I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same and any hobbies you enjoy to make you happier and have fum. Sorry I am using this as an outlet to release thoughts.
    I'm at uni now, but when I was doing A Levels I continued with existing hobbies (golf, piano, football...) as a break from revision. If you find a sport, instrument or other hobby that you enjoy, you can use it as a reward for a given time of revision or work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH0405)
    I'm at uni now, but when I was doing A Levels I continued with existing hobbies (golf, piano, football...) as a break from revision. If you find a sport, instrument or other hobby that you enjoy, you can use it as a reward for a given time of revision or work.
    Yeah a sport and an instrument really helps you take your mind of things and take a break from work! I play the guitar and play football as well as karate. These things give me a little break in the week and refreshes my mind for school!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for the advice. I realise I do this thing where I start things and don't follow the up e.g. I'm in a play and a book club that are relatively new and I haven't spent any time with those so I think I am going to try to see if those can be my hobby first. If not, I will learn to play the guitar as I am eager. I have an exercise bike at home so I usually go on that as my daily exercise. Question for guitar players: how did you learn? Did you have lessons/used a book/youtube/other? If you used a book or youtube any links to what you used would be helpful if you remember.

ReputationRep:
    I play the cornet generally to try and get out of the "work" mood. I think its also good that you put away set times where you will not do revision / work for a levels. Like just say, ok I tonight I will spend 1 hour watching tv or somet like that. Just so you are not constantly working.

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good idea thanks. tbf when i say i have no hobbies it means it just watch too much netflix. I do work too much though so hopefully I will cut down as I was going through lots of issues with friends which has died down alot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.