Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I been looking for a job for little over 2months but keep getting rejected ! =/

i was wondering if anyone has signed up for an agency and their thoughts on them?

do i just submit my cv on websites like reed and indeed?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    There's no harm in registering with an agency while you look for other things. Check their instructions but in most cases it is just a question of submitting your CV and maybe chasing them up.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mannys)

i was wondering if anyone has signed up for an agency and their thoughts on them?

They're a mixed bag like everything else, there are some good agencies, and some bad ones too.

I registered at my local agency, they placed me on got a temporary job straight away (even without an interview!) at very short notice and within 3 months I managed to find myself a permanent job elsewhere.

To be honest, you have to put every effort in to find a job these days, so don't expect agencies to find you a job straight away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mannys)

Don't just submit your cv on a website like reed or indeed, its likely to get a bit lost in there. Go straight to an actual recruitment agency, this is just an example, I've no idea if its a good one or not but there are lots of others out there.
    http://www.morganhunt.com/

From what I've gathered from speaking to people, what you are best off doing is calling up and talking to someone- explaining what experience you have, what skills you have and what job you are looking for. Then follow it up by emailing the CV. And don't be afraid to follow up with the odd phone call to see how things are going. Don't just stick to one agency either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Don't just submit your cv on a website like reed or indeed, its likely to get a bit lost in there. Go straight to an actual recruitment agency, this is just an example, I've no idea if its a good one or not but there are lots of others out there.
    http://www.morganhunt.com/

From what I've gathered from speaking to people, what you are best off doing is calling up and talking to someone- explaining what experience you have, what skills you have and what job you are looking for. Then follow it up by emailing the CV. And don't be afraid to follow up with the odd phone call to see how things are going. Don't just stick to one agency either.
    Thankyou for the advice
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    My dad is at one for now. At first, he was placed in a factory and now he does deliveries. It's better than nothing and you can refuse work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.