The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Help please!!!!

Dear all,

I got into Accounting & Finance at Leicester (missed getting into Cass by one grade, and the remark didn't make a difference). I want to be an investment banker. Before I get all the sh*t about how it's impossible to get into IB unless I go to Oxford/Cambridge/LSE/Imperial etc...I've heard it all before. But if I don't try my absolute best with what I've got, I'll never even stand a chance.

So I was just wondering if there's a more appropriate course at Leicester which would give me more of an edge on getting into IB (again, I know it's all about which uni you go to, but I need to make sure I've covered all my shortcomings as much as possible, so if a different course at Leicester increases my chances even by a tiny amount, I'll switch).

Also, do any of you guys know anyone who's gotten into IB from Leicester/any uni which wasn't one of Oxbridge/LSE/Imperial/Warwick? If so, please could you ask them how they got in and PM me to let me know, or send me some way to contact them as I'd like to get in touch.

Lastly, if anyone has any other advice which would help me get in from Leicester, please let me know. However, at the moment, my primary question is what's the best course I could do at Leicester to get me into IB?

Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
You really need to stop worrying about which uni you go to. If you do well and get the grades you need you will be fine. Try and get as much experience and exposure as possible along the way which will help.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by alleycat393
You really need to stop worrying about which uni you go to. If you do well and get the grades you need you will be fine. Try and get as much experience and exposure as possible along the way which will help.

Thank you for the reply! I really do worry too much hahaha!

But out of all the courses at Leicester which would you say is the best/most relevant for getting into IB?
Erm no idea tbh. Have a look at what's on offer and what you need to get into IB and go from there.

Quick Reply

Latest