Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey All,

I am going to start first year Medicine, and I did some research on some of the stuff to get.

I was looking into getting either an iPad or an Android tablet, mainly for recording lectures and viewing textbooks instead of carrying my laptop or carrying hard copies of the books.

My budget is around 500 pound.

So what do you think the best tablet? I got some options down like the iPad Pro 9.7" with maybe the pencil, or Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 or the iPad Air 2. I just want to get something that is well rounded.

Thanks,
    Omar

ReputationRep:
    Have a look on Instagram or Facebook for Sarah Clifford illustration, you'll see what is achieveable with an iPad!*
    It will also help you with your degree since she's a medical student.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgem93)
    Have a look on Instagram or Facebook for Sarah Clifford illustration, you'll see what is achieveable with an iPad!*
    It will also help you with your degree since she's a medical student.*
    Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboss1998)
    Hey All,

I am going to start first year Medicine, and I did some research on some of the stuff to get.

I was looking into getting either an iPad or an Android tablet, mainly for recording lectures and viewing textbooks instead of carrying my laptop or carrying hard copies of the books.

So what do you think the best tablet? I got some options down like the iPad Pro 9.7" with maybe the pencil, or Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 or the iPad Air 2. I just want to get something that is well rounded.

Thanks,
    Omar

An android tablet will have the best operating system for pretty much any task, you just need to select which one as there are so many that suit different uses. Having used both for long amounts of time (iPad 4 years, android 2+ years) there's not a single task the iPad did better except the thumbprint scanner. Don't necessarily look only at samsung as there are lots of lesser known brands that are cheaper and may do what you need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProbablySmart)
    An android tablet will have the best operating system for pretty much any task, you just need to select which one as there are so many that suit different uses. Having used both for long amounts of time (iPad 4 years, android 2+ years) there's not a single task the iPad did better except the thumbprint scanner. Don't necessarily look only at samsung as there are lots of lesser known brands that are cheaper and may do what you need.
    Oh I see thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theboss1998)
    Hey All,

Thanks,
    Omar
    iPad. All the way. When it comes to a tablet, it's infuriating using anything else. Oh and the note taking apps are so polished on iOS. Onenote/Notability etc

Bear in mind some uni's don't allow you to record lectures...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else thought it was the tablets you ingest and swallow with water? :/

ReputationRep:
    Haha i should have clarified the title more

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the iPad pro with the apple pencil is the one you'll want for studying. Perfect tablet imo.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.