Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to delete a girl I like off social media but I can't do it Watch

I asked this girl out that I've liked for ages and she basically shot me down saying she wasn't ready to date but 2 days later I saw pictures on Facebook and Instagram of her getting very cosy with another guy. At the moment I am incredibly heartbroken and my friends have suggested I delete her off my social media but at this moment in time I just can't bring myself to do it. What should I do? If I delete her now she will know something is up with me. How can I keep her on social media but avoid seeing what she puts on there?

ReputationRep:
    Delete her. It really isn't that hard, and you'll just cause yourself more pain by keeping up to date with her life.

ReputationRep:
    Do it

Hurry up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Delete her. It really isn't that hard, and you'll just cause yourself more pain by keeping up to date with her life.
    The problem is I just can't do it I keep wondering what if she wants to talk to me again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I asked this girl out that I've liked for ages and she basically shot me down saying she wasn't ready to date but 2 days later I saw pictures on Facebook and Instagram of her getting very cosy with another guy. At the moment I am incredibly heartbroken and my friends have suggested I delete her off my social media but at this moment in time I just can't bring myself to do it. What should I do? If I delete her now she will know something is up with me. How can I keep her on social media but avoid seeing what she puts on there?
    Keep telling yourself she lied to you: it wasn't just she wasn't ready to date, it was that she didn't want to date you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikePL)
    The problem is I just can't do it I keep wondering what if she wants to talk to me again.
    Anon fail
    Mate just delete her, it's as simple as one click

ReputationRep:
    If you unfollow her then you should be able to retain her as a friend without seeing her posts & stuff. I know it hurts right now, but there are other girls in the world. Main thing is to not reject yourself, & keep thinking positively & putting yourself out there!

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Keep telling yourself she lied to you.
    This is what hurts me the most

ReputationRep:
    Unfollow her instead so you wont see her pictures or statuses on your newsfeed and try not to click on her page if you arent ready to delete. I personally think FB is a pile of crap so i would hardly go on it.

(Original post by chikane)
    Unfollow her instead so you wont see her pictures or statuses on your newsfeed and try not to click on her page if you arent ready to delete. I personally think FB is a pile of crap so i would hardly go on it.
    So if I unfollow her it wont delete her from my friends list?

ReputationRep:
    So if I unfollow her it wont delete her from my friends list?
    No you just won't see her on your newsfeed.

(Original post by phunky_fresh)
    No you just won't see her on your newsfeed.
    Ah ok I think I might do that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.