Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I am currently in my second year of my Creative Media Studies course. It has now become an Extended Diploma course, in the first year it was a 90 Credit course in which I gained a Distinction Merit grade. This is not the only BTEC course I have done, I have also done a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design Photography in which I gained a Triple Merit qualification.

I have dreams of studying a Sports Journalism course in Wales, USW offers this.

I am also assessing my options by looking at other universities as well.

Unfortunately I do not have a GCSE in Maths, with an unfortunate E grade. I have done a Level 2 Application of Number Key Skills course but USW say they will not consider the qualification unless it's a Level 3. I had a B in English Literature and a C in English Language

I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who has done/is on a uni course despite not getting a GCSE in Maths. And if they consider those without an English GCSE if they have the required grades to get in.

For example I have 156 UCAS points at the moment, whereas the tariff for the course is 104

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.