Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am in a difficult situation and am looking to get some advice from people who might know better or have had a similar experience.

I have had to resit the first year of my Fnd in Computer Science as I couldn't attend my first resits because of Grievance. This was produced to the panel and because I there was too many to resit; I had to repeat the year. That was 2015/2016.

Fast forward to this month. I was told during June I have 2 subjects to repeat this month - Programing and Database Dev. I was told I only have to pass one for enrolling onto second year so I only focused on Database; and pretty much got full marks. However I didn't bother attending Programming. This was because it was held in another campus, very far from my own campus and my dad who would normally bring me had bad pains from a recently diagnosed double hernia. I also find it more difficult so I focused on the easier of the two.

Fast forward to now. I'm told because I didn't attend programming I have failed for absence, and, since in their eyes it's considered a 'third (and final) attempt' I am to be withdrawn from the course. Coded U1.

My question is - Should my first resits be counted as an attempt since I had already appealed it for Grievance and if so do I just appeal this decision? and if so what evidence should I produce.

I'm not very confident in appealing and am already thinking about trying to get on another course but that would mean a lot of time and money wasted.

Thanks,
    Simon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.