Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Plymouth Uni so I'm not sure if it works any differently elsewhere but does anyone know what kind of hours we'll be doing whilst on the placement at the end of our first year? E.g. 9-5, shift work etc

Also... I've only found one person doing this course at Plym so it would be great to meet more people before we start!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bleb)
    I'm going to Plymouth Uni so I'm not sure if it works any differently elsewhere but does anyone know what kind of hours we'll be doing whilst on the placement at the end of our first year? E.g. 9-5, shift work etc

Also... I've only found one person doing this course at Plym so it would be great to meet more people before we start!
    Hey!

I'd imagine, as it is run in partnership with the NHS, you'd be doing similar shifts to whichever area you're in.

When I was on placement for my healthcare course, the shifts could be quite varied (7.30 - 3.30, 8 - 4, 9 - 5) or any variation of these over the week. It would be something to ask your placement coordinator or academic advisor when you start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Hey!

I'd imagine, as it is run in partnership with the NHS, you'd be doing similar shifts to whichever area you're in.

When I was on placement for my healthcare course, the shifts could be quite varied (7.30 - 3.30, 8 - 4, 9 - 5) or any variation of these over the week. It would be something to ask your placement coordinator or academic advisor when you start
    Hiya!

Ahh okay thanks so much that's really helpful when you say "over the week" does that include working weekends?

I'll check with YDH as they're sponsoring me thanks again!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Bleb)
    Hiya!

Ahh okay thanks so much that's really helpful when you say "over the week" does that include working weekends?

I'll check with YDH as they're sponsoring me thanks again!
    I'm doing OT so mine was weekdays only, I know some other courses do work weekends and nights, nurses for exampe.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.