x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do I change school?

ReputationRep:
    You have a PhD you should know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    You have a PhD you should know...
    no, I do not, my username tells you the approximate year that I will get a PhD

What kind of school is it? Primary school? Secondary school? Etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    What kind of school is it? Primary school? Secondary school? Etc.
    secondary. Do I just need to call the school I want to go to or something? going into year 11, if this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to change school? Since you're going into year 11, it's probably the worst time to change since you're halfway through your GCSE content and the exam boards could be different at other schools. If you persevere for another year, you will be more successful and can go to a college of your choice.

(Original post by PHD2027)
    secondary. Do I just need to call the school I want to go to or something? going into year 11, if this helps.
    I don't think you'll find one that will accept you half way through your GCSEs. It's normally best to move in year 10 but I don't know. Anyway the normal procedure is to apply to the secondary school you want to move to. You could ring and ask them for info. Then your current school usually has a meeting with you. I wouldn't recommend moving though at this point when you are about to go in year 11 unless your school is shockingly bad and you think you'll do worse staying but you can check if it is possible. But exam boards and everything are probably going to be different too so it's most likely not a good idea

ReputationRep:
    Local authority school - principle factor is work out which ones you can go to. You will have a limited number of schools in your area you can attend and you need to be in their catchment area. Then your parents have to contact them to ask if they have a space for you. If they do, then the school will advise on how to transfer via the Local Education Authority's process. Decent schools are unlikely to have spare spaces.

Public, independent and private schools will each have their own entry process, usually with an entry exam that you should have taken last year for a start this September.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.