Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I spent all year looking for work experience but everyone either kept me waiting and turned me down or turned me down outright. All I've managed to find is two weeks in a GP where I didn't really learn anything.

After I contacted KCLs undergraduate admissions they told me the GP experience was relevant enough, and I should still apply???? I seriously doubt that logic, how am I supposed to write a personal statement with no idea of what the job is like, or convince admissions staff I'll be a good dentist in my interview?

Is it even worth still applying? Universities want 2 weeks in a dental related setting but I don't have that. Average AS AABB, average GCSEs 5A*s 5As 2Bs and average UKCAT 640?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How about trying to get some lined up for later in the year and apply for dentistry next year when you already have your A levels? Have you any relatives that you could stay with whose dentist might gibe you work experience?

ReputationRep:
    No sorry, I've asked everyone and their dentists always come up with an excuse. So is there really no way I'd get in without the two weeks GDP minimum?

ReputationRep:
    You need to keep trying because everywhere request some GDA work experience.

ReputationRep:
    Ok cool thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.