The Student Room Group

Path to 3 A*s at A2- Study Log

Welcome!

Intro
I'm richpanda, I'm about to start my last year of secondary education (well, hopefully) and I'm going to be blogging about my whole Year 13 experience, just as I did for my AS year in 2016. So I'll be posting about university applications, homework, lessons and general chat as well as revision stuff. So please, post away and talk to me!

A2 Current Grades

Spoiler

AS Results

Spoiler

GCSE Results

Spoiler

University Plans/Aspirations

Spoiler

University Applications
(University - Current Status - Requirements - Offer)
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4
Option 5
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by richpanda
Since 'Grow Your Grades 2016' helped me so much to do well in my AS levels, I decided to do a study log for the whole of my A2 year. For me, doing this works really well as motivation to keep working and study hard, and I know that it helps other people too. I'll also be posting about the whole applying to university experience I have, and just some general chat.

I'm not currently sure if I will start a new blog for GYG 2017, or if I'll just continue with this one. Anyway, here's some info on me:
AS results

Spoiler

I got pretty good GCSEs, and for my A2 year I'm doing maths, physics and chemistry.

Please post!

Strong A-levels, I'm loving it (see what I did there, no... no.. sorry!) Anyway, interesting UMS as well very strong man. Good luck for your A-levels :-)! I hope you succeed, you've took tough subjects and you're dominating so I'm sure you'll do well.
Reply 2
Original post by Chittesh14
Strong A-levels, I'm loving it (see what I did there, no... no.. sorry!) Anyway, interesting UMS as well very strong man. Good luck for your A-levels :-)! I hope you succeed, you've took tough subjects and you're dominating so I'm sure you'll do well.

Thank you, good luck to you in whatever you're doing too.
Reply 3
31/08/16

Today I am going to do my final preparation for everything this year. I have chemistry and maths summer work to do, but I'll start that stuff tomorrow (as it's the 1st September). I've left it a bit late (school starts next Tuesday), and I also want to review and make a plan for further reviewing of the content I did last year in chemistry and physics, as those are linear A levels.

So for today, I will start by labelling and putting the plastic wallets in my day to day ringbinder. Then for my lever arch folders for my A2 subjects, I will get plastic wallets and file dividers for the different modules/topics, as well as printing out the specification. After that I will clear up any paperwork or stationary that needs to be sorted out, and get everything in place.

After doing all this admin/boring stuff, I will either do some more work on my personal statement, and/or do a brief recap of chemistry and physics from last year and make a review plan for the year.
Original post by richpanda
Thank you, good luck to you in whatever you're doing too.

Reply 5
Good luck mate! You've got this :smile:
Reply 6
What are you planning on studying at university?
Reply 7
Original post by Rajive
What are you planning on studying at university?

See the university plans.aspirations spoiler in my first post. I updated it.
Reply 8
01/09/2016

So, the real work starts today. I'm going to do half an hour of reviewing last year's chemistry and physics for each subject between 11 and 12. After that I'll make a start on my chemistry summer work, I'm hoping to do about 2 hours in total. I'll also do some more on my personal statement, and plan for further AS reviewing.

Edit at 13:00- After 50 or so minutes, I realised that trying to do a brief review of chemistry and physics isn't going to work for me, as I'm the sort of person that has to study something intensely or not at all. Therefore I have drawn up a plan to review a topic from each of chemistry (10 AS topics) and physics (10 AS topics) each day over the next 10 days. I will go thoroughly through the spec, textbook and revision guide for each.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
07/09/2016

It's been a slow start to the school year, as I just had my second full day but have only had 2 lessons (should be 3 but had an assembly). But I'm being kept busy between improving my personal statement and a lengthy maths homework, so it's not all plain sailing!

Today since I've got home from school, I've done just under 1 hour of the maths homework (going to need help from my older brother for the last 5 questions or so later), which will be another 50 minutes at least. But that won't be until 9pm, so between now (7pm) and then I'll be doing some personal statement and review of last year's content.
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello! What has happened to you study logs? :frown: Please please please can you start doing them again in this run up to final exam season? They are always super helpful and inspiring!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest