Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it okay if I take 3 A-Levels in AS, and 4 A-Levels in A2? watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to take another A-Level in Year 13. Is this allowed? (I will probably take Psychology/Further Maths, which is better?)

ReputationRep:
    Normally, people pick 4 in the AS and drop one in their A2s, have you considered this option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaRainbows)
    Normally, people pick 4 in the AS and drop one in their A2s, have you considered this option?
    My school won't let me take 4 A-levels in AS. Is it uncommon but accepted to take 4 in A2 and 3 in AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can't just do the second half. You can take the AS on its own or you can take the full A level. You could take 3 A levels over 2 years and then pick up an extra AS in Year 13 but it would be a very odd thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dexterminate)
    I want to take another A-Level in Year 13. Is this allowed? (I will probably take Psychology/Further Maths, which is better?)
    Whats the point ? universities only look at 3 A-levels anyway, doing more doesn't put you at much of an advantage at all, compared to doing other things like work experience or extra reading to show interest and insight into your chosen degree path. This is the same advice I have gotten from multiple admission tutors including one at Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    Whats the point ? universities only look at 3 A-levels anyway, doing more doesn't put you at much of an advantage at all, compared to doing other things like work experience or extra reading to show interest and insight into your chosen degree path. This is the same advice I have gotten from multiple admission tutors including one at Cambridge.
    I want to go to Oxford but apparently you need to do 4 A-Levels to go there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you don't, look on their website, no course asks for more than 3 A-levels.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On the Oxford website:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 125
Size:  114.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meandegreen)
    On the Oxford website:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 125
Size:  114.5 KB
    THANK YOU! I needed this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heya Everybody! How's it going? Im just a student passing on from GCSE to AS Level and have chosen to pursue with Maths, Chemistry, Biology and RE in Northern Ireland. I just wanted to ask you guys about revision and study. Last year I made my notes in a journal per subject and it turned out to be very effective. But I was wondering whether it would be better to make notes on single sheets and slot them into a file per subject. I wanted to ask your opinion(for those who have maybe done both, or have/are already doing their A Levels)
    Many thanks,
    Revisionlad

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.