Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am looking at applying to Heriot Watt for the 2017/2018 year, as an international student (Canadian). Overall, do you think it is cheaper to live on campus? I don't mind busing for groceries and I lived in a dorm with shared washrooms for my undergrad, so I would likely just be getting the basic self-catered room (no en-suite). Would anyone recommend otherwise? Would it be worth it to get an en-suite?

I would be interested in sharing an apartment (I think you call them flats?) or something similar, but with max 2 other people. Would there be any sites that I could look for roommates that you would recommend? Ideally same price or cheaper than the dorms, if possible.

Also, I am interested in the Masters of Actuarial Science program. Just wondering if anyone on here is a graduate or is currently in the program. Do you find the program beneficial? Do you think it would be feasible to have a part-time job during the program?

Thanks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.