Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

scared I'm going to bleed constantly on cerelle Watch

hi, I'm worried from what I've read that I'm gonna have really irregular or constant bleeding on cerelle. I've just started it, but from what I've read i dunno if i should've went for the implant or coil. I'm really good at taking it on time but i am a very active person and wear pads not tampons, i often go travelling and do sporty things as well as camping so although its not the worst thing ever, irregular or constant or heavy bleeding would be quite a problem for my lifestyle. What are your experiences/ opinions? and would you recommend cerelle or implant? or coil? (id like to try to avoid coil if poss)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Have you talked to the nurse / GP about your concerns? My periods are all over the place on it. I can have a period, a break for a few days, another period and then nothing for about 4 weeks so. But everyone is different.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I've been on cerelle ever since it replaced cerrazette and I've had no issues I don't get periods now at all! If anything your periods should get lighter and eventually stop. Symptoms along with it will also lessen, the only thing I get is sore breasts for a few days once a month. It's an effective pill and if you miss it more than one day you then only have to take it for two consecutive days then you are protected against pregnancy as it's fast acting. So overall it s a really good pill. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    i took cerelle (and its counterparts with different names) for a couple of years, and have not got the implant. As others have said its a safe pill and much safer (in terms of the risk of blood clots) than the other type of pill. Yes you can have irregular bleeding, constant bleeding, or even no bleeding (mine have gotten more irregular), it's likely not going to be that bad, and worst case you can just stop taking it (and use other protection).

the implant actually uses the same hormone as cerelle, so the effects will be much the same with both of them, except the implant is harder to remove.

ReputationRep:
    I've been on cerelle for over a year now and have no issues with irregular bleeding. In the first few months I would have two very short periods but after that my cycle returned to normal. Now I only get a period every other month!

(Original post by KiwiDream)
    I've been on cerelle for over a year now and have no issues with irregular bleeding. In the first few months I would have two very short periods but after that my cycle returned to normal. Now I only get a period every other month!
    Hi, thats great news how is your skin have you noticed an increase in spots?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.