The Student Room Group

scared I'm going to bleed constantly on cerelle

hi, I'm worried from what I've read that I'm gonna have really irregular or constant bleeding on cerelle. I've just started it, but from what I've read i dunno if i should've went for the implant or coil. I'm really good at taking it on time but i am a very active person and wear pads not tampons, i often go travelling and do sporty things as well as camping so although its not the worst thing ever, irregular or constant or heavy bleeding would be quite a problem for my lifestyle. What are your experiences/ opinions? and would you recommend cerelle or implant? or coil? (id like to try to avoid coil if poss)
Have you talked to the nurse / GP about your concerns? My periods are all over the place on it. I can have a period, a break for a few days, another period and then nothing for about 4 weeks so. But everyone is different.
Reply 2
Hiya I've been on cerelle ever since it replaced cerrazette and I've had no issues I don't get periods now at all! If anything your periods should get lighter and eventually stop. Symptoms along with it will also lessen, the only thing I get is sore breasts for a few days once a month. It's an effective pill and if you miss it more than one day you then only have to take it for two consecutive days then you are protected against pregnancy as it's fast acting. So overall it s a really good pill. Hope that helps! :smile:
i took cerelle (and its counterparts with different names) for a couple of years, and have not got the implant. As others have said its a safe pill and much safer (in terms of the risk of blood clots) than the other type of pill. Yes you can have irregular bleeding, constant bleeding, or even no bleeding (mine have gotten more irregular), it's likely not going to be that bad, and worst case you can just stop taking it (and use other protection).

the implant actually uses the same hormone as cerelle, so the effects will be much the same with both of them, except the implant is harder to remove.
I've been on cerelle for over a year now and have no issues with irregular bleeding. In the first few months I would have two very short periods but after that my cycle returned to normal. Now I only get a period every other month!
Reply 5
Original post by KiwiDream
I've been on cerelle for over a year now and have no issues with irregular bleeding. In the first few months I would have two very short periods but after that my cycle returned to normal. Now I only get a period every other month!

Hi, thats great news :smile: how is your skin have you noticed an increase in spots?
Reply 6
Hi, ive just started on the cerelle pill, i was on the combined pill celest, i was ready for my 7 day break and my doctor said because of medical reasons to go on cerelle and to go home and start it that day. Im 7 days in now and ive been bleeding for 4 days, its heavy as ive always suffered with heavy periods since having my baby. Just wondering will i bleed all the way through because ive read alot about people bleeding here and there, some people bleeding all the time. Im thinking it was my period just due as i was ready for my 7 day break and she made me just start the cerelle pill on that day. I hope am not one of these that bleeds for weeks on end or even months. I dont no weather to finish the first pack or just stop? As i was put on this because the doc (still waiting for results) thinks i have endometriosis (heavy bleeding and painful periods) and thats why she put me on the cerelle pill, but im still having heavy periods 😓
I am on my second packet of cerelle. First month great, no issues. Started bleeding on the day my period was due. 1000 times lighter than usual, and only lasted a couple of days. This was followed by 4 days of brown discharge, then I started lightly bleeding again and have been for last 12 days! In the middle of the night last night I woke up with slight stomach cramps and extremely heavy bleeding, so much so I thought I was having a miscarriage, I’d never seen anything like it. Doctor has advised it’s adjustment to pill. Not a fan of cerelle at all!
(edited 5 years ago)
I have been on cerelle now for 3 month and have bled non stop for the hole 3 month I don't know if I should carry on or just stop taking it. No wonder it's the safest pill you can't have bloody sex lol
(edited 2 years ago)
hiya, i’m in the same position as you, i’ve been on this pill since april and at the beginning was just spotting now and then but now ive been bleeding everyday non stop for 2 months.. did you ever find out if this is normal??
Original post by 123849483
hiya, i’m in the same position as you, i’ve been on this pill since april and at the beginning was just spotting now and then but now ive been bleeding everyday non stop for 2 months.. did you ever find out if this is normal??

Hey yes it apparently is normal I spoke to a lot of friends who went through the same I bled for 5 month straight then stopped when I started taking my 6th month packet I now just get a period every month like normal but its not as heavy as it was before takin the pill

Quick Reply

Latest