Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

hello, I'm worried from what I've read that I'm gonna have really irregular or constant bleeding on cerelle. From what I've read i dunno if i should've went for the implant. I'm really good at taking it on time as I previously was on the combined. But i am a very active person, i often go travelling and do sporty things as well as camping so although its not the worst thing ever, irregular or constant or heavy bleeding would be quite a problem for my lifestyle. What are your experiences/ opinions? and would you recommend cerelle or implant?

Whilst I have never used the implant (although it has since been recommended to me- have decided against it for now though since I am no longer in a sexual relationship), I did use cerelle for 3 months before I gave up due to side effects. I don't want to scare you because everyone will have very different side effects- you may even be a lucky one who doesn't get a period at all- my advice would be give it a shot and see how it goes and take it from there. My first month on cerelle was bliss: no side effects at all. However, about a month after I started taking it, I started having a very light period which didn't stop for the remaining 6 weeks that I used the pill before I gave up as I was fed up of the bleeding. My period was extremely light (using 1/2 pads a day) but it was just annoying to be constantly bleeding. On top of this, I also started getting very hormonal where I'd cry for the simplest of reasons. In the end I decided I'd be better off without it. I never got round really to seriously contemplating other options as I split up from my boyfriend within 2 months of coming off cerelle so I can't tell you if anything else would work for me. However, I do have 2 friends who are also on cerelle: one has no periods at all and the other has a light period for 3 days every month (pretty regular) so like I said give it a go to begin with to see how things work out. Hope I helped 😊
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.