The Student Room Group

Repeat Blood test?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the reasoning behind a blood test repeat? I had a blood test around 2 weeks ago and got a letter for a repeat blood test today. I rung up and the receptionist said that the results appeared normal (So it couldn't be that the samples were compromised), yet my doctor asked for a retest? I'm confused as to why. I don't know what exactly they were testing for either.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew the reasoning behind a blood test repeat? I had a blood test around 2 weeks ago and got a letter for a repeat blood test today. I rung up and the receptionist said that the results appeared normal (So it couldn't be that the samples were compromised), yet my doctor asked for a retest? I'm confused as to why. I don't know what exactly they were testing for either.

It's worth asking why they're taking them, but it could just be to double check. They could be checking if something is different at a different time of day (if that's the case), or they could be checking to see how consistent something is. Something may have been close to edge of the normal range and they just wanted to double check. There even could've been processing error, although they probably would've just told you that. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
It's worth asking why they're taking them, but it could just be to double check. They could be checking if something is different at a different time of day (if that's the case), or they could be checking to see how consistent something is. Something may have been close to edge of the normal range and they just wanted to double check. There even could've been processing error, although they probably would've just told you that. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Alright, thank you :smile: Feel a bit more chill now, haha :')
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Alright, thank you :smile: Feel a bit more chill now, haha :':wink:

It's very common, don't worry about it :smile:

If it was anything serious they would be obliged to tell you immediately.
Reply 4
Original post by chelseadagg3r

Ah, I found out. It's because I do have a borderline result. Thanks again for both of your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest