Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Would my GCSE'S results be good enough to study at University College London, Imperial College London or Oxbridge?

    English Literature A
    Maths B
    English Language B
    History B
    Biology B
    Chemistry B
    Physics B
    German C
    PE C

    Well you only got a B, so maybe you should look for another option. For all of them you need further maths as well, and an A* at A level to be in with a realistic chance

    Techniclly you're above their "official" minimum requirements. But it's still unlikely. Oxbridge and Imperial is essentially a definite no though. UCL i also highly doubt.

    Besides, I wouldn't look at A*A*A maths ourses if I could only get a B in GCSE maths. I got A*A for my double maths gcse yet I still found A level maths dodgy.

    I'm not even sure if your school will let you take further maths with a B in GCSE maths.

    To study maths you have to take A level maths and further maths... and I don't know if with the B in maths your Sixth Form will allow you to do both.. You can try but you'll need at least A*AA or A*A*A to study maths at those unis. So it's choice. Good Luck!
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.