The Student Room Group

A level with GCSE grade D

If you got English Language D,Can you still can do A-levels??But I don't want to do BTEC
Grade B maths
I got 6A*-C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know
Reply 2
Original post by anojan
I don't know

What you mean??
Yes, you can definitely do A levels, although I would recommend retaking if you can. Obviously if you wanted to do an A level in eng lang that would be a bit more tricky. I assume this is at GCSE?
Yes, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to retake English Language.
Reply 5
Original post by inkmagpie
Yes, you can definitely do A levels, although I would recommend retaking if you can. Obviously if you wanted to do an A level in eng lang that would be a bit more tricky. I assume this is at GCSE?

I was only 2 UMS away from C.So my English Language GCSE paper going to remark and also waiting for that.So can I do A levels??
Reply 6
Original post by JourneyToSuccess
Yes, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to retake English Language.

My GCSE English Language paper going to remark.Only 2 UMS away from C.
Thanks,i can do A-Level,Am I right??
Reply 7
yeah, but waiting for remark results.
Do u know when is remark GCSE results will come??
Original post by Akaliya
I was only 2 UMS away from C.So my English Language GCSE paper going to remark and also waiting for that.So can I do A levels??

Have you spoken to your sixth form??
Reply 9
Original post by Kryptonian
Have you spoken to your sixth form??

Yeah, I did in one-sixth form,they refused to take me.Because I got D in English.
Original post by Akaliya

As long as you have/can find a sixth form to take you, yes. Good luck for your remark!
Reply 11
As long as you have/can find a sixth form to take you, yes. Good luck for your remark!

Thank you,Do u know when will GCSE remark results come??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Akaliya
Yeah, I did in one-sixth form,they refused to take me.Because I got D in English.

Oh wow. Don't worry about it though becuase there are sixth forms that will accept you so it might be a good idea to give a few sixth forms/colleges a ring.
Original post by Akaliya
Thank you,Do u know when will GCSE remark results come??

No, but you should be able to look it up on the OCR/AQA/Edexcel (or whoever you're using)'s website. They usually give a sort of time period within which they'll get back to you.
Reply 14
Original post by Kryptonian
I don't even know what town/city you live in?

I am living in Croydon
Reply 15
No, but you should be able to look it up on the OCR/AQA/Edexcel (or whoever you're using)'s website. They usually give a sort of time period within which they'll get back to you.

Ok,but my English Language exam board is Edexcel.
Original post by Akaliya
Ok,but my English Language exam board is Edexcel.

Right, so you should be able to find this kind of information on their website.
Was the sixth form that you asked your own school's sixth form?
If not definitely speak to them as they might be a little lenient. I just had enrolment day at my school and one of my options was bio. I (shockingly) got a C in that and what really let me down was my controlled assessment, which everybody in my year said was my teachers fault as he didn't explain the task to us properly so I was downgraded to a C in that but only one mark off a B meaning I could have got an overall B anyway.
When I went to the science desk, he was like you did well on the first module(b1,2,3) but your second module (b4,5,6) was quite bad but he didn't (like I was expecting) persuade me to not do it- he hadn't even taught be before so I was surprised-instead, he just put me down for extra classes for the first term and then they would review my progress and see if I can cope with it!!!
So, definitely have a word with YOUR school's sixth form- they know what's best for you
Good luck :smile:
Reply 18
Right, so you should be able to find this kind of information on their website.

Reply 19
Original post by Starlight2000
Was the sixth form that you asked your own school's sixth form?
If not definitely speak to them as they might be a little lenient. I just had enrolment day at my school and one of my options was bio. I (shockingly) got a C in that and what really let me down was my controlled assessment, which everybody in my year said was my teachers fault as he didn't explain the task to us properly so I was downgraded to a C in that but only one mark off a B meaning I could have got an overall B anyway.
When I went to the science desk, he was like you did well on the first module(b1,2,3) but your second module (b4,5,6) was quite bad but he didn't (like I was expecting) persuade me to not do it- he hadn't even taught be before so I was surprised-instead, he just put me down for extra classes for the first term and then they would review my progress and see if I can cope with it!!!
So, definitely have a word with YOUR school's sixth form- they know what's best for you
Good luck :smile:

No that is different sixth form,my school doesn't have a sixth form because they cancelled it.Thank you ,you too don't worry,everything will be alright.

Quick Reply

Latest