Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am 20 I have never date anyone, I been asked out as friends but nothing more.
    I have some male friends I do talk to them however, it is awkward between us when talking about relationships and sex.

What should I do?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I been asked out as friends but nothing more.
    Do you know this for sure? Did they specifically say "let's go out as friends"? Guys don't normally do that, especially one- to-one so you may have interpreted it differently.

Nevertheless, work on meeting more people, joining clubs, attending meetups and making new friends. You need to put yourself out there.

ReputationRep:
    it is awkward between us when talking about relationships and sex.
    Because you have no experience?

Look, we all find our way eventually, unless you're one of those people that don't try at all. There's a handful of 20, 21, 22, 23,24, 25+ year old users on here who have never kissed, been intimate, had sex etc. It can feel lonely, it can feel "wrong" in a sense, but give it time and you'll be okay. Go to the gym, take up new hobbies, be more outgoing, seek therapy...there's a ton of stuff you can do in the meantime to better your chances. The most important thing you can do is to be happy.

ReputationRep:
    I have some male friends I do talk to them however, it is awkward between us when talking about relationships and sex.

What should I do?
    I'd hate to come in straight away and say "the answer is to change yourself" but I will put it frankly: are you attractive? Nobody should feel self conscious about their appearance but perhaps if you are overweight, or something like that, people may not be attracted to you. If you are overweight, you could start up exercise to lose weight such as walking, running, and also change your diet so that you eat less calories. If you have bad skin, you could use skin cream to try and clear some of that up. If you wear the same clothes all the time, you could try and buy new clothes for your wardrobe. etc. etc.

Perhaps that is not the answer at all, and you are attractive and I have rushed in with those answers. If you are completely happy with your appearance, then perhaps the answer is you are not a very socially outgoing person and you do not go out enough to clubs, bars, parties, etc. to be able to meet new people and get to know them. In this case, you could ask a friend to go out with you sometime or invite you along to a party or something like that.

Perhaps the issue is both of the above factors: you may not be completely happy or confident in your appearance and you are not a very socially outgoing person. In this case both of the above solutions should be tried! People often say that you shouldn't change yourself for other people, and this is true - don't change your personality for anyone! But changing yourself in these ways will not only make you more attractive to other people, but also will make you a more confident, happier person.

ReputationRep:

What should I do?
    I'm free!
    :foreveralone:

P.s Pretty much same situation as you.

(Original post by Juedjegfewo)
    I'd hate to come in straight away and say "the answer is to change yourself" but I will put it frankly: are you attractive? Nobody should feel self conscious about their appearance but perhaps if you are overweight, or something like that, people may not be attracted to you. If you are overweight, you could start up exercise to lose weight such as walking, running, and also change your diet so that you eat less calories. If you have bad skin, you could use skin cream to try and clear some of that up. If you wear the same clothes all the time, you could try and buy new clothes for your wardrobe. etc. etc.

Perhaps that is not the answer at all, and you are attractive and I have rushed in with those answers. If you are completely happy with your appearance, then perhaps the answer is you are not a very socially outgoing person and you do not go out enough to clubs, bars, parties, etc. to be able to meet new people and get to know them. In this case, you could ask a friend to go out with you sometime or invite you along to a party or something like that.

Perhaps the issue is both of the above factors: you may not be completely happy or confident in your appearance and you are not a very socially outgoing person. In this case both of the above solutions should be tried! People often say that you shouldn't change yourself for other people, and this is true - don't change your personality for anyone! But changing yourself in these ways will not only make you more attractive to other people, but also will make you a more confident, happier person.

People say I am pretty, however, the problem is that I look younger than my age. One of my male friend touch my thigh and waist when we talk.He invite me to events and etc. In September/ October I will join different societies.

People say I am pretty, however, the problem is that I look younger than my age. One of my male friend touch my thigh and waist when we talk.He invite me to events and etc. In September/ October I will join different societies.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.