The Student Room Group

CCEA Single Award Science Controlled Assessment

Can anyone who has done this tell me what you have to do and is it written coursework or do you do it on the computer and how much class time does it take to complete?
I do CCEA Double Award Science and I'm doing my Controlled Assessment at the moment. You get a scenario and you basically have to do a class experiment that tests the theory suggested. You do that in class.. You have to write:

- a hypothesis
- Information about variables
- Method of experiment
- Risk assessment
- Table of results

What I described above is BOOKLET A. It is done in class under not very strict condition. The teacher sort of helps.

You then do booklet B. This is taken under exam conditions and lasts 1 hour. It has questions based on the booklet A and assesses practical skills. You have to plot a graph and do other stuff. Its.not too difficult and the entire controlled assessment shouldn't take more than a month. Here is an example of the booklets:

http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/common/includes/microsite_doc_link.aspx?docid=7903-4

Just click the link and look for the two controlled assessment booklets
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by adz234
Can anyone who has done this tell me what you have to do and is it written coursework or do you do it on the computer and how much class time does it take to complete?

I do CCEA Double Award Science and I'm doing my Controlled Assessment at the moment. You get a scenario and you basically have to do a class experiment that tests the theory suggested. You do that in class.. You have to write:

- a hypothesis
- Information about variables
- Method of experiment
- Risk assessment
- Table of results

What I described above is BOOKLET A. It is done in class under not very strict condition. The teacher sort of helps.

You then do booklet B. This is taken under exam conditions and lasts 1 hour. It has questions based on the booklet A and assesses practical skills. You have to plot a graph and do other stuff. Its.not too difficult and the entire controlled assessment shouldn't take more than a month. Here is an example of the booklets:

http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/common/includes/microsite_doc_link.aspx?docid=7903-4

Just click the link and look for the two controlled assessment booklets

Quick Reply

Latest