ITVs "Victoria"

ReputationRep:
    I think this is looking to be a great series. Historically, there are some errors, but its portrayed so well. Jenna Coleman is a great actress and all the other characters have been well chosen.
    Is anyone else watching it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hxfsxh)
    I think this is looking to be a great series. Historically, there are some errors, but its portrayed so well. Jenna Coleman is a great actress and all the other characters have been well chosen.
    Is anyone else watching it?
    Yes, I'm watching it. I needed something to fill the gap left by Versailles, which was like guiltily eating a whole box of chocolates by yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Yes, I'm watching it. I needed something to fill the gap left by Versailles, which was like guiltily eating a whole box of chocolates by yourself.
    I watched the first episode of Versailles, and couldn't continue. An amazing story but too sexually graphic for my liking :rofl:.
    I watched War and Peace and Thirteen and The A Word too, so I needed something new to watch and after Versailles, this was the next best.

ReputationRep:
    I watched the first episode of Versailles, and couldn't continue. An amazing story but too sexually graphic for my liking :rofl:.
    I watched War and Peace and Thirteen and The A Word too, so I needed something new to watch and after Versailles, this was the next best.
    Versailles was alternately trying to shock and trying to be deep, but it was mainly about frocks and hair. W&P was great. Didn't watch the others - I watch very little TV. I suspect Victoria is also going to be about frocks and hair, but that's fine. I'm not in the mood for anything more intellectual, or if I were, I probably wouldn't expect to find it on ITV. Harmless pretty froth. And I've always liked Rufus Sewell.

ReputationRep:
    Not watching it myself- Jenna Coleman is too tall and good looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Not watching it myself- Jenna Coleman is too tall and good looking.
    Yeah, when height is a big issue, her height wasnt really appropriate, but she's great at playing the role anyhow

ReputationRep:
    Versailles was alternately trying to shock and trying to be deep, but it was mainly about frocks and hair. W&P was great. Didn't watch the others - I watch very little TV. I suspect Victoria is also going to be about frocks and hair, but that's fine. I'm not in the mood for anything more intellectual, or if I were, I probably wouldn't expect to find it on ITV. Harmless pretty froth. And I've always liked Rufus Sewell.
    Can't go wrong with Sewell in my opinion. I think it took me a week to get over the fact that there wouldnt be a second series to War and Peace- it was by far one of the best things on TV this year.

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with Sewell in my opinion. I think it took me a week to get over the fact that there wouldnt be a second series to War and Peace- it was by far one of the best things on TV this year.
    Alas, Tolstoy didn't get round to writing part 2. I miss lovely Pierre. I also miss lovely Not-So-Bad Philippe in Versailles. I expect I shall also miss lovely Rufus as well. There's a theme there...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, when height is a big issue, her height wasnt really appropriate, but she's great at playing the role anyhow
    They did their best by constructing an Alice In Wonderland throne with six inch longer legs.

ReputationRep:
    Albert is penggg. As is Ernest ngl. Lord M reeks of jealousy b

ReputationRep:
    It's so much better than I expected, to be honest. The costumes are just :love:

ReputationRep:
    Same. Versailles was my filler for Game of Thrones now Victoria's my filler for Versailles haha

ReputationRep:
    Albert is penggg. As is Ernest ngl. Lord M reeks of jealousy b
    Alllbeertttt
    😍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    it's so much better than i expected, to be honest. The costumes are just :love:
    i cant wait for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamayesha)
    Alllbeertttt
    😍
    Tom Hughes is just everything omg

ReputationRep:
    Same. Versailles was my filler for Game of Thrones now Victoria's my filler for Versailles haha
    Oh I know what you mean :lol: I wish Victoria would go on for a lot longer

ReputationRep:
    For me, Versailles filled the gap left by The Tudors, which was some years ago now, and which was just as 'accurate'. Sometimes you just need historical hokum like nothing else. Wonderful frocks. And the women's clothes were pretty good as well....

ReputationRep:
    Lord m my heart.

ReputationRep:
    Lord m my heart.
    *sobs quietly into a hankie*

ReputationRep:
    *sobs quietly into a hankie*
    Not even quietly

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.