The Student Room Group

boredom... suggestions of things to do

i think there's probably loads of people who similarly want inspiration. i want ideas for days out etc. that are preferably cheap and easy to organise, get to etc. oh and i want ideas for things me and the bf can do- all we seem to do at the moment is watch zillions of dvds

lou xxx

Scroll to see replies

Hmmmmm.....'going out' - of believe me i'm as far away from an expert at this as you can possibly get.

Why don't you go to a park with your boyfriend and find some swings, they're free and could bring back great childhood memories, also you could go flying off and hurt yourself and get a lot of sympathy, sympathy is good.
Reply 2
sounds kinky
Reply 3
Go for long walks and such... Maybe take up some form of dance class. How the hell are swings kinky? Lol...
Reply 4
do the 'tourist' and take some tour buses around town. don't forget the hawaian shirt, shorts, knee length socks and flashy camera :biggrin:

then enjoy being insulted by the 'locals' :tongue:
Reply 5
you have to watch sex and the city. sex swings...
Reply 6
lou p
i think there's probably loads of people who similarly want inspiration. i want ideas for days out etc. that are preferably cheap and easy to organise, get to etc. oh and i want ideas for things me and the bf can do- all we seem to do at the moment is watch zillions of dvds

lou xxx

Erm tenpin bowling?
tis_me_lord

Why don't you go to a park with your boyfriend and find some swings, they're free and could bring back great childhood memories, also you could go flying off and hurt yourself and get a lot of sympathy, sympathy is good.

That brings bad memories for me as the park where i live was taking away when i was little and all it is now is a big square where weeds grow. :frown:
Reply 8
or even better, lou, go and learn how to play croquet - the ultimate summer sport :tongue:

http://www.croquet.org.uk for more details.

*edit: thanks for the reminder..... i'm gonna add that to my sig!
4Ed

then enjoy being insulted by the 'locals' :tongue:

That would be me then :biggrin:
I meant my suggestion in a very non-kinky sense i can assure you all.

Whats_The_411?
That brings bad memories for me as the park where i live was taking away when i was little and all it is now is a big square where weeds grow.

Quit complaning and go play in the weeds. (I'm going to make such a great parent.)
tis_me_lord
I meant my suggestion in a very non-kinky sense i can assure you all.

Quit complaning and go play in the weeds. (I'm going to make such a great parent.)

you as a parent? I am going to have nightmares for a month now
sublime_envy
you as a parent? I am going to have nightmares for a month now

:eek: Hell no! I meant in the long, distant future.
Reply 13
Drag up some old threads.
Reply 14
i might take the care down to the squirrel reserve and beach near my house sometime this week (depends on the weather really)

we went to a playground the other day (my mate lives right next door to one) and my bf said i was too competitive and aggressive on the obstacle course (he just sulked cos i won in the standing on wooden planks trying to push the other one off)

lou xxx
lou p
i might take the care down to the squirrel reserve and beach near my house sometime this week (depends on the weather really)

we went to a playground the other day (my mate lives right next door to one) and my bf said i was too competitive and aggressive on the obstacle course (he just sulked cos i won in the standing on wooden planks trying to push the other one off)

lou xxx

hahaha men......
Reply 16
It all depends on where you live, of course, but here are a few suggestions:

Zoo
Park
Adventure playground
Theme park
Dry-slope skiing
Karting
Bowling
Theatre
Comedy club

Go to your local council's website for events and stuff, or go to www.upmystreet.com and type in your postcode. The 'Find My Nearest...' feature should give you lots of ideas. Hope this helps!
Reply 17
sublime_envy
sounds kinky

LOL. :biggrin:

Well, it would give her something to do. :tongue: :biggrin:
lou p

lou xxx

Well that's all good, but it's lacking in swings, swings are back people, come on! Pouring boiling water on an ants nest is also fun....*evil*

Oh and people say men are competitive and aggressive, that's most shocking behaviour on your part, how dare you win?! :eek:

I know! Do you own a boomerang? (sp) - i have one and they're great fun, though they never return to me, so i just use it as a fresbie with somebody else.
lou p

lou xxx

pack up a picnic of all sorts of lovely treats- eg. sandwiches from tescos etc!! and go to a nice river or park somewhere......with a blanket and just while away the hours....

take stale bread to feed the ducks!
go to the cinema to see spiderman 2!!
go to pizza hut for lunch- £5 ish per head!!
Go window shopping!!
Go for a bike ride
Play tennis
Play football
Go for a day out to a cheesy seaside resort such as blackpool!
go to your local swimming pool with slides!!
get fish and chips and eat them in the park under the stars

go to your local chinese / indian that offers a buffet on a sunday evening....
Do endurance races on gran turismo on ps2!!
go to the zoo...
go to museums / art gallerys- some are free!
go for a day trip somewhere hilly and do lots of walking and looking in little gift shops!!

:smile:

Latest