Turn on thread page Beta

boredom... suggestions of things to do watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i think there's probably loads of people who similarly want inspiration. i want ideas for days out etc. that are preferably cheap and easy to organise, get to etc. oh and i want ideas for things me and the bf can do- all we seem to do at the moment is watch zillions of dvds

lou xxx

Hmmmmm.....'going out' - of believe me i'm as far away from an expert at this as you can possibly get.

Why don't you go to a park with your boyfriend and find some swings, they're free and could bring back great childhood memories, also you could go flying off and hurt yourself and get a lot of sympathy, sympathy is good.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    sounds kinky

ReputationRep:
    Go for long walks and such... Maybe take up some form of dance class. How the hell are swings kinky? Lol...

ReputationRep:
    do the 'tourist' and take some tour buses around town. don't forget the hawaian shirt, shorts, knee length socks and flashy camera

then enjoy being insulted by the 'locals'
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    you have to watch sex and the city. sex swings...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i think there's probably loads of people who similarly want inspiration. i want ideas for days out etc. that are preferably cheap and easy to organise, get to etc. oh and i want ideas for things me and the bf can do- all we seem to do at the moment is watch zillions of dvds

lou xxx
    Erm tenpin bowling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)

Why don't you go to a park with your boyfriend and find some swings, they're free and could bring back great childhood memories, also you could go flying off and hurt yourself and get a lot of sympathy, sympathy is good.
    That brings bad memories for me as the park where i live was taking away when i was little and all it is now is a big square where weeds grow.

ReputationRep:
    or even better, lou, go and learn how to play croquet - the ultimate summer sport

http://www.croquet.org.uk for more details.

*edit: thanks for the reminder..... i'm gonna add that to my sig!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)

then enjoy being insulted by the 'locals'
    That would be me then

I meant my suggestion in a very non-kinky sense i can assure you all.

(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    That brings bad memories for me as the park where i live was taking away when i was little and all it is now is a big square where weeds grow.
    Quit complaning and go play in the weeds. (I'm going to make such a great parent.)
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I meant my suggestion in a very non-kinky sense i can assure you all.

Quit complaning and go play in the weeds. (I'm going to make such a great parent.)
    you as a parent? I am going to have nightmares for a month now

(Original post by sublime_envy)
    you as a parent? I am going to have nightmares for a month now
    :eek: Hell no! I meant in the long, distant future.

ReputationRep:
    Drag up some old threads.

ReputationRep:
    i might take the care down to the squirrel reserve and beach near my house sometime this week (depends on the weather really)

we went to a playground the other day (my mate lives right next door to one) and my bf said i was too competitive and aggressive on the obstacle course (he just sulked cos i won in the standing on wooden planks trying to push the other one off)

lou xxx
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    i might take the care down to the squirrel reserve and beach near my house sometime this week (depends on the weather really)

we went to a playground the other day (my mate lives right next door to one) and my bf said i was too competitive and aggressive on the obstacle course (he just sulked cos i won in the standing on wooden planks trying to push the other one off)

lou xxx
    hahaha men......

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on where you live, of course, but here are a few suggestions:

Zoo
    Park
    Adventure playground
    Theme park
    Dry-slope skiing
    Karting
    Bowling
    Theatre
    Comedy club

Go to your local council's website for events and stuff, or go to www.upmystreet.com and type in your postcode. The 'Find My Nearest...' feature should give you lots of ideas. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    sounds kinky
    LOL.

Well, it would give her something to do.

lou xxx
    Well that's all good, but it's lacking in swings, swings are back people, come on! Pouring boiling water on an ants nest is also fun....*evil*

Oh and people say men are competitive and aggressive, that's most shocking behaviour on your part, how dare you win?! :eek:

I know! Do you own a boomerang? (sp) - i have one and they're great fun, though they never return to me, so i just use it as a fresbie with somebody else.

ReputationRep:

lou xxx

pack up a picnic of all sorts of lovely treats- eg. sandwiches from tescos etc!! and go to a nice river or park somewhere......with a blanket and just while away the hours....

take stale bread to feed the ducks!
    go to the cinema to see spiderman 2!!
    go to pizza hut for lunch- £5 ish per head!!
    Go window shopping!!
    Go for a bike ride
    Play tennis
    Play football
    Go for a day out to a cheesy seaside resort such as blackpool!
    go to your local swimming pool with slides!!
    get fish and chips and eat them in the park under the stars

go to your local chinese / indian that offers a buffet on a sunday evening....
    Do endurance races on gran turismo on ps2!!
    go to the zoo...
    go to museums / art gallerys- some are free!
    go for a day trip somewhere hilly and do lots of walking and looking in little gift shops!!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.