Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    along with those excellent ideas by ruthie, i would recommend doing a summer workshop (often over a weekend) where you learn a new skill, like violin making, or pizza making etc

ReputationRep:
    Go to Monkey World in Poole, Dorset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Hmmmmm.....'going out' - of believe me i'm as far away from an expert at this as you can possibly get.

Why don't you go to a park with your boyfriend and find some swings, they're free and could bring back great childhood memories, also you could go flying off and hurt yourself and get a lot of sympathy, sympathy is good.
    ooooh! swings! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Theres loads you can do, how about:

Ice-skating(toooo much fun)
    Go-karting(fun but expensive)
    Snowboarding
    Canooing(also amazing)

errr, go on holiday together?(loads of cheap deals around just now)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    ooooh! swings! :rolleyes:
    we brought a swing for our back yard its great, its so fun going on it, feel like a kid again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Theres loads you can do, how about:

Ice-skating(toooo much fun)
    Go-karting(fun but expensive)
    Snowboarding
    Canooing(also amazing)

errr, go on holiday together?(loads of cheap deals around just now)
    snowboarding is good, but it cains your wrists when you fall

ReputationRep:
    u could always take ur bra off in the middle of your local shopping centre, wave it above your head and sing "Born Free" at the top of your lungs.

ReputationRep:
    Iv been really bored too cos i cant get any extra hours at work so iv been amusing myself by going to the gym (going on holiday in 2 weeks so thought id better), and it turns out thers a really really fit lad that goes there!!

ReputationRep:
    Paintballing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i think there's probably loads of people who similarly want inspiration. i want ideas for days out etc. that are preferably cheap and easy to organise, get to etc. oh and i want ideas for things me and the bf can do- all we seem to do at the moment is watch zillions of dvds

lou xxx

Sleep?!?! i can always sleep when im bored, i love dreaming, am i crazy? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i think there's probably loads of people who similarly want inspiration. i want ideas for days out etc. that are preferably cheap and easy to organise, get to etc. oh and i want ideas for things me and the bf can do- all we seem to do at the moment is watch zillions of dvds

lou xxx
    Great thread - needed some ideas myself!

ReputationRep:
    You can go round to parks etc and tour london by normal bus on just a normal travel card... museums are free for the best part- check out local festivals- always a laugh... make your own movie, go into the country, take up a new sport....

ReputationRep:
    some good suggestions, and i've been planning.

we're going to the squirrel reserve near us on wedensday (cos i have the car), we'll go via tesco and get food and then we can feed the squirrels then go mess round on the beach.

i'm also planning a trip to the lake district cos it's a bit of a longer drive for me (i only passed a couple of weeks ago) and i can get to the south lakes in an hour and a half or so.

we might go into liverpool and do the museum thing (most of them are free) and one of my mates suggested we be really touristy and get the ferry *across the mersey*.

there aren't any ice rinks really close to me, but i guess if i can nab the car from my mum and plan a route etc we could do that (and i could have a car full)

fromyour suggestions i've already done spiderman 2, we got a take-away saturday, got back from holiday a week ago, can't stand snowboarding (tried and wanted my skis back)... but we could go dry-slope skiing

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Create an account with one of those addictive nonsense game sites.

Try http://www.neopets.com for lots of kiddy fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Create an account with one of those addictive nonsense game sites.

Try http://www.neopets.com for lots of kiddy fun.
    please rephrase that, it does sound rather dodgey in this kind of forum.

ReputationRep:
    Just remember after long drives(anything over an hour) youll be totally shattered...just after your test you concentrate so hard and youre still absolutely awful at driving. I drove to leicester uni for an open day the day after I passed my test, as soon as I got home I collapsed and slept for like, 16 hours

ReputationRep:
    Just remember after long drives(anything over an hour) youll be totally shattered...just after your test you concentrate so hard and youre still absolutely awful at driving. I drove to leicester uni for an open day the day after I passed my test, as soon as I got home I collapsed and slept for like, 16 hours
    lol. i'm not that bad. i've done loads of driving recently (and am doing longer journeys) and the lake district thing won't be for a few weeks anyway (cos the bf and i working non-stop, and on different days to each other grrr) and there's loads of stuff local (like on wednesday it's only a 20 minute drive to the beach), i'm driving quite a lot (the bf lives 15 minutes away and if i've been at work that's a half hour drive no problem)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    lol. i'm not that bad. i've done loads of driving recently (and am doing longer journeys) and the lake district thing won't be for a few weeks anyway (cos the bf and i working non-stop, and on different days to each other grrr) and there's loads of stuff local (like on wednesday it's only a 20 minute drive to the beach), i'm driving quite a lot (the bf lives 15 minutes away and if i've been at work that's a half hour drive no problem)

lou xxx
    Thats good then, cuz after I passed my test you like to think youre good but youre still an absolute amateur..as you drive more things become easier and require less concentration and stuff

ReputationRep:
    Thats good then, cuz after I passed my test you like to think youre good but youre still an absolute amateur..as you drive more things become easier and require less concentration and stuff
    i know what you mean- day after my test i ended up being a taxi service at 4am for my very drunk brother... was a shock to the system driving at night (but i've got very used to it since and about 1am is an early night for me to drive home)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeh and the first few weeks after passing people take advantage of your keen-ness to drive, *******s. Now if anyone asks me for a lift I just tell them to walk

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.