Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So in 2017 I will graduate from Coventry having studied a joint psychology course. Going into my final year, I have done alright, averaging at 68% at the moment. In my final year I plan to focus on my studies 100% and hopefully graduate with 1st.

I am fairly academic person with broad range of interests which include philosophy, psychology, neuroscience, languages, criminology and ethics. Ideally I would like to do masters that allows me to combine psychology and philosophy, or with a neuroscience element. This would be harder since my background does not fully match brain stuff.

When I applied to my Bachelor's I had my heart set on a career of forensic psychologist. (Thats why I decided to minor in criminology.) I would still like to do something related to this field but atm my enthusiasm towards this field has tuned down a bit. My goal is academic career and after master's go for Phd.

I have little more or relevant work and research experience. I have decided to apply for forensic mental health at King's and mental health sciences at UCL. I still have three choices free so I would appreciate loads if somebody could recommend good unis or courses.

Also, how are my chances with King's and UCL? The entry must be quite competetive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robot-unicorn)
    I have little more or relevant work and research experience. I have decided to apply for forensic mental health at King's and mental health sciences at UCL. I still have three choices free so I would appreciate loads if somebody could recommend good unis or courses.
    Unlike your UCAS application, you are not limited to five Masters course applications. Most unis run their own application system instead of using a central one (although some do use the UNIPASS system). In reality, your only limit is the number of references your academic referees are prepared to write.

Sorry that doesn't help, but on the other hand, neither do you have to come up wih three more courses if only two appeal. You can apply to those two and if rejected, you will then be able to apply for others - your "insurance" choices, if you will.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.