Turn on thread page Beta

Another Hair Cut Thread! Sorry! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

My mum is on at me to get my hair cut, she feels its too long and makes my face look longer and thinner than it already is. I'm not convinced by the idea, but it does need something doing, its been the same style for ages and I'm a little bored, plus its in a real state split ends wise. I'm happy to change it now, before I go to uni, where it will be less of a shock. Anyway, I quite like the way Cameron Diaz has it in "The Holiday":

But was wondering whether people think that will suit me, as my hair is quite fine. This is it at the moment:

(Please note, I am pulling a face, not just retarded!!)

If you dont think I will suit that cut please feel free to make any suggestions!

Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    I think that it would suit you... if you are worried about your hair being too thin, simply blow dry it with one of those round brushes to create more volume...

ReputationRep:
    The cut itself will help give the illusion of thicker hair and will help bring out your facial features a lot more. To create more volume wash your hair normally with shampoo and only use conditioner at the ends. Also when blow drying use a good styling mousse and for a night out team in some big rollers at the top and take them out just before you leave for instant volume.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I have a really similar face shape to you and I got it cut short recently. Now it's grown out to about the length of that Cameron pic and looks great! Go for it! Be careful you don't get it too short though because, for me, at first that just enlongated my face more! Post a pic whatever you do!

ReputationRep:
    I think it would look really nice, as you seem to have fine hair like Cameron so the cut will look really sleek.

ReputationRep:
    i agree it wqould suit u much better and if u are lucky anough to style do it ( myhairs curly so i cant really look for a certain cut)

ReputationRep:
    looks fine as it is in my opinion

(im a guy)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the opinions guys. I think I'm going to go for it, its time for a change, and its not a totally radical style so if I hate it I can just let it grow out! My hairdresser's been dying to chop it all off for ages!!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.