Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    In my English exam I did in fact get a grade C but for English Language unit 3 it says I got a grade D? I assume this is the coursework or controlled assessments we did in year 10. Does that mean in order to pass I need a B or higher because of controlled assessments?? The UMS for unit 3 was 65. This is getting more frustrating because in the exam I did infact get a C and we had to do the foundation exam too so I couldn't get a higher grade. The UMS for the exam was 114. Can someone help me understand this and how it would work if I resat it. It turns out that it is 1 UMS away from a C too. I always believed my CA was to a grade C standard so i'm confused. Was it marked down or was it the teacher

    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    I always believed my CA was to a grade C standard so i'm confused. Was it marked down or was it the teacher
    Ask your school as only they can tell you.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.