The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oxleeamox34

i walk in, go to the counter or whatever its called and wait for the guy/girl to ask me what i want, i then say i'll have a pint of carlsberg please (is that a common drink? what should i do if they say we dont have any?)

Just see what beers they have on tap. The taps have the brand logos on them normally. Look out for Fosters, Kronenberg, Carling, Carlsberg, etc. Chances are they'll have at least one of those.
Reply 21
just say pint of beer, or pint of lager, they may say which one, or is this one ok... look at the pumps when you walk in and choose a random one.

mmm, if you've not drunk alcohol before you may be better asking for a half.
Reply 22
~Kirsty~

mmm, if you've not drunk alcohol before you may be better asking for a half.

I don't think he's going to be drinking it so it doesn't really matter. Could get a shot of absinthe or something:p:
Reply 23
maybe a spirit and a mixer would be easier - won't it look obvious if you just walk out of the place without drinking the drink?
Reply 24
He doesn't sound like the right sort of person to be carrying out the job. At all.
Reply 25
~Kirsty~
maybe a spirit and a mixer would be easier - won't it look obvious if you just walk out of the place without drinking the drink?

Does it matter? His job is done by then.
Reply 26
yes - i used to do this sort of job and you generally go into the same places periodically. You would start to get recognised.
Reply 27
MiaWallace
As an ex-barmaid I would say a pint of Stella or a Jack Daniels and coke would be pretty normal requests.

At first I understood this as "or a pint of Jack Daniels".

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 28
hehe - now that would be a nice alcoholic drink!
Reply 29
Digitiser
He doesn't sound like the right sort of person to be carrying out the job. At all.

tell me about it..but the money was rlly good so i couldnt say no

my employer told me if you dont want to drink it, then just leave so that wont be a problem

one last question: do i have to tip the bar person??
Reply 30
Why did you do this job if you can't drink or don't know the first thing about alcohol? A heavy drinker like me would be so much better :biggrin: In fact its my perfect job - free booze :biggrin:
Reply 31
If you have no idea about beers, order Carling - there's hardly a pub in the country that doesn't sell it. Failing that, see what pumps they have on the bar. And since you can't drink it, just go and sit in a corner away from people, then pretend to get an urgent phone call and walk out quickly saying "I'll be right there" loudly. Will make you look less conspicuous.

But I have to say, and no offence, you must have been the person least suited to this job by quite a margin. Why did they ask you to do it?
oxleeamox34
tell me about it..but the money was rlly good so i couldnt say no

my employer told me if you dont want to drink it, then just leave so that wont be a problem

one last question: do i have to tip the bar person??

Ox 34 ; given that u r in Hell already - you might aswell drink it!!! It's not gonna make any difference (see location on top right hand corner)
Reply 33
Dionysus
If you have no idea about beers, order Carling - there's hardly a pub in the country that doesn't sell it. Failing that, see what pumps they have on the bar. And since you can't drink it, just go and sit in a corner away from people, then pretend to get an urgent phone call and walk out quickly saying "I'll be right there" loudly. Will make you look less conspicuous.

But I have to say, and no offence, you must have been the person least suited to this job by quite a margin. Why did they ask you to do it?

cant i just order and pay and pretend that i forgot something then tell the guy "i'll be back in a sec" and just not come back.

they asked me to do it because they dont know all this about me cos they didnt interview me, they just asked me on the phone will you be happy to do this? happy to do that? and i said yes yes..anyway i took it because lets be honest, its very easy, the only reason im asking is just to make sure that there arent any "hidden" rules in pubs
Reply 34
hermaphrodite
Ox 34 ; given that u r in Hell already - you might aswell drink it!!! It's not gonna make any difference (see location on top right hand corner)

lol, good point :biggrin:
Reply 35
"Have you got any tonic water?"
"Aye"
"With some ice� and... a segment of lemon... yeah, and could you top it up with some Gordon's Gin"
oxleeamox34
lol, good point :biggrin:

how do you say hell in your lingo . . is it "jahannam"
Reply 37
Oh yeah, one other tip: If you order Guinness, don't be surprised when the bartender stops pouring it near the top and leaves it for a minute - they're waiting for the head to settle before topping it up. It always makes me laugh when we take someone out for their 18th and they want to try Guinness and are surprised by that.
Won't your employer give you some kind of training? A good manly drink to ask for is a peach archers. Or J2O.
Reply 39
"Pint of Fosters please love/darlin'/sweetheart"

Latest

Trending

Trending