Turn on thread page Beta

Going mad and I'm scared watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey that's pretty scary. The only voice I hear inside of me is my own.

ReputationRep:
    I always hear voices calling my name when I'm about to go to sleep. Sometimes they are horrible like people taunting me but then sometimes it's very distant.

ReputationRep:
    So everyone but me hears voices? Then again I talk to myself...a lot. Like I'll be surrounded by people, even talking to some, and I'll start having a conversation with myself.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your replies.

I think the cause was that I had an arguement with my dad the other night that resulted in me running away from home. I told my psychiatrist in my appointment yesterday because I nearly attempted suicide (I'm seeing her about my depression so thought it best to be honest about this episode). We ended up discussing the situation in a lot of detail, including loads of insignificant stuff such as the height of the bridge. I think that this disturbed me somehow and it happened out of fear.

I wasn't ill or tired at the time. It was at about 2:30pm-ish and I had just sat down to eat some fruit.

ReputationRep:
    Hey AverageGuyOnTheStreet, hope your well

One of the best things you have done is being open about all this, and your current situation. I had a short-term amount of depression, and the "bottle-ing" up gave it no favours - Proud of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supertramp)
    You're not ill or anything are you?
    Whenever I have a temperature I hear voices arguing. It's scary.
    I'm the exact same! Whenever I'm ill or feel a little under the weather I hear angry voices! They don't last very long though.

Advice to OP. If the voice persists then don't suffer in silence- talk to someone! xx

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.