Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Radiohead fans: Rank Your Favourite Songs Watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, so if you're a Radiohead fan you're probably better at life than most non-Radiohead fans. That seems quite obvious.

What isn't so obvious is how to rank Radiohead's greatest songs - they just have so many! But don't let that stop you trying

here's my top 15 in order (I'm sure you'll all agree with it entirely):

1) Everything in its Right Place
    2) There There
    3) All I Need
    4) Pyramid Song
    5) Karma Police
    6) Idioteque
    7) High and Dry
    8) The National Anthem
    9) Fake Plastic Trees
    10) True Love Waits (2001 version)
    11) Airbag
    12) Motion Picture Soundtrack
    13) House of Cards
    14) Decks Dark
    15) Optimistic

Sorry guys, Paranoid Android and Creep don't get anywhere near this list

ReputationRep:
    Creep

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow Radiohead fan!!!! We have truly great taste in music.
    The other night I had the most awesome dream I met Thom Yorke and the one and only guitar legend Jon Jon

I would say my favourite is everything in its right place followed by paranoid android. I also love the music vid for paranoid android!
    Then believe it or not... A TKOL track... which is called Little by Little

Then it has to be Go to sleep. I just love all the alien computerised sounds in that one!

Then optimistic

Then I might be wrong... That's a truly great one!!!

Then 2+2=5. I love the completely chaotic sounds at the end! A true masterpiece!

Then anyone can play guitar... Going back to the Pablo Honey days...
    Have you seen their MTV pool side video for that? It's hilarious!!! Yorke absolutely screams into the mic then jumps in the pool.

Then I would say idioteque

Then identikit. I love their new album but this song is the real stand out on the album I think.

There we go. Sorry that was a long reply haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh and how could I forget 'meeting in the aisle'?!
    That's their best instrumental.
    It puts me in a trance every time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunnysideSea)
    OK, so if you're a Radiohead fan you're probably better at life than most non-Radiohead fans. That seems quite obvious.

What isn't so obvious is how to rank Radiohead's greatest songs - they just have so many! But don't let that stop you trying

here's my top 15 in order (I'm sure you'll all agree with it entirely):

1) Everything in its Right Place
    2) There There
    3) All I Need
    4) Pyramid Song
    5) Karma Police
    6) Idioteque
    7) High and Dry
    8) The National Anthem
    9) Fake Plastic Trees
    10) True Love Waits (2001 version)
    11) Airbag
    12) Motion Picture Soundtrack
    13) House of Cards
    14) Decks Dark
    15) Optimistic

Sorry guys, Paranoid Android and Creep don't get anywhere near this list
    https://youtu.be/0si0fB0lnow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookie123456789)
    Hello fellow Radiohead fan!!!! We have truly great taste in music.
    The other night I had the most awesome dream I met Thom Yorke and the one and only guitar legend Jon Jon

I would say my favourite is everything in its right place followed by paranoid android. I also love the music vid for paranoid android!
    Then believe it or not... A TKOL track... which is called Little by Little

Then it has to be Go to sleep. I just love all the alien computerised sounds in that one!

Then optimistic

Then I might be wrong... That's a truly great one!!!

Then 2+2=5. I love the completely chaotic sounds at the end! A true masterpiece!

Then anyone can play guitar... Going back to the Pablo Honey days...
    Have you seen their MTV pool side video for that? It's hilarious!!! Yorke absolutely screams into the mic then jumps in the pool.

Then I would say idioteque

Then identikit. I love their new album but this song is the real stand out on the album I think.

There we go. Sorry that was a long reply haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha that's awesome. I wasn't sure about the new album for a bit, but when you get into it it's just so beautiful with so many cool moments - Decks Dark was my fav tho.

Optimistic is so underrated! "The best you can is good enough" got me through exams lol

I haven't really listened to much Pablo Honey tbh cos everyone's always a bit mean about it, but maybe I should!

So cool we have the same song as our favourite- it's the first ten seconds that always amazes me - I'm like 'wow! just relax and this song's gonna take you somewhere special'
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    My fave band. Mine would be:

1) Let down

2) Lucky

3) The bends

4) Talk show host

5) Where I end and you begin

6) Exit music

7) Decks dark

8) 15 step

9) All I need

10) Just
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff

1) Let down

2) Exit music

3) Where I end and you begin

4) All I need

5) 15 steps

6) Talk show host

7) The bends

8) Decks dark

ReputationRep:
    Haha that's awesome. I wasn't sure about the new album for a bit, but when you get into it it's just so beautiful with so many cool moments - Decks Dark was my fav tho.

Optimistic is so underrated! "The best you can is good enough" got me through exams lol

I haven't really listened to much Pablo Honey tbh cos everyone's always a bit mean about it, but maybe I should!

So cool we have the same song as our favourite- it's the first ten seconds that always amazes me - I'm like 'wow! just relax and this song's gonna take you somewhere special'
    Yes exactly!!! When I first heard everything in its right place I was absolutely amazed! Once I was listening to it in the middle of the night and I just started crying because it's such a beautiful, genius song.

Optimistic also got me through exams!!! I used to play Radiohead's optimistic and 2+2=5 when revising or before the exam! (On 2+2=5 Yorke shouts 'pay attention!!' Haha)

I was the same with the new album. On my first listen I was thinking that Radiohead have lost it then I realised after a few more listens that every sound on the album was to be appreciated. It has a great strange atmospheric feel to it.

I think it's great that I've met another Radiohead fan as none of my friends are into them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff

1) Let down

2) Exit music

4) All I need

5) 15 steps

6) Talk show host

7) The bends

8) Decks dark

ReputationRep:
    1) the bends - the black star, sulk, bones
    2) pablo honey - pretty much every song
    3) okay computer - paranoid android, no surprises, subterranean homesick alien, karma police
    4) in rainbows - all I need, bangers and mash, down is the new up (I'm not a big fan of this and the other albums - including kid A - kid A isn't bad, it's just very overrated in my honest opinion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookie123456789)
    Yes exactly!!! When I first heard everything in its right place I was absolutely amazed! Once I was listening to it in the middle of the night and I just started crying because it's such a beautiful, genius song.

Optimistic also got me through exams!!! I used to play Radiohead's optimistic and 2+2=5 when revising or before the exam! (On 2+2=5 Yorke shouts 'pay attention!!' Haha)

I was the same with the new album. On my first listen I was thinking that Radiohead have lost it then I realised after a few more listens that every sound on the album was to be appreciated. It has a great strange atmospheric feel to it.

I think it's great that I've met another Radiohead fan as none of my friends are into them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awwww that's so cute I know the feeling

Yh not that many of my friends listen to them either - it's kinda niche for some reason. I have no idea why!! It should be the law for everyone to listen to a radiohead song a day

What's your fav album? Also, any songs I should listen to first from Pablo Honey?

ReputationRep:
    Awwww that's so cute I know the feeling

Yh not that many of my friends listen to them either - it's kinda niche for some reason. I have no idea why!! It should be the law for everyone to listen to a radiohead song a day

What's your fav album? Also, any songs I should listen to first from Pablo Honey?
    Yeah, I don't really understand why it's so niche.
    I've heard a few people call Radiohead fans pretentious, stuck up snobs before but I think we are just people with good taste in music

My favorite album is either OK Computer or Hail to the Thief... or Amnesiac...
    Ah! They are all so marvelous I just can't decide on one!
    What is your favourite album?

With Pablo honey I think you should listen to Ripcord first then Any one can play guitar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAJK1)

1) Let down

2) Exit music

4) All I need

5) 15 steps

6) Talk show host

7) The bends

8) Decks dark
    Yh I love how Exit Music goes awesome with about a minute and a half to go. That always gets me. All I Need is bloody beautful as well.

ReputationRep:
    Also, any songs I should listen to first from Pablo Honey?
    Creep is obviously the famous one, but I also like Anyone can Play Guitar and Ripcord.

The rest are pretty forgettable IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazwomaq)
    Creep is obviously the famous one, but I also like Anyone can Play Guitar and Ripcord.

The rest are pretty forgettable IMO.
    Forgettable!!

SATAN! HERETIC!

ReputationRep:
    1) Paranoid Android
    2) Fake Plastic Trees
    3) Exit Music for a Film
    4) Street Spirit
    5) Creep
    6) Bulletproof
    7) Planet Telex
    8) Lucky
    9) High and Dry
    10) Banana Co
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Sorry about all the spam my from my account-we were having posting issues earlier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professor Oak)
    Sorry about all the spam my from my account-we were having posting issues earlier!
    Haha no problem!

ReputationRep:
    Pyramid Song is an absolute gem. Love that Bluesy feel it has.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.