Turn on thread page Beta

4th Gen Ipod Out In America watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Apple has released the new Ipod. I'm thinking of importing one but they don't sell to the UK

ReputationRep:
    How cool does it look?!

I wonder what the dimensions are.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to break my iPod and get the new one on the warranty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    How cool does it look?!

I wonder what the dimensions are.
    Lol. Looks slightly different on the Apple website...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pzyko)
    Lol. Looks slightly different on the Apple website...
    So it does!

Whatever happened to a colour screen, videoplayback, 50GB+ capacity et cetera, et cetera.

Disappointing - thankgoodness for the iPod mini!

ReputationRep:
    Any word of a UK release? How long did it take them to bring 3rd gen to the UK after US?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Any word of a UK release? How long did it take them to bring 3rd gen to the UK after US?
    Prob not til next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_wizzz)
    Apple has released the new Ipod. I'm thinking of importing one but they don't sell to the UK
    No need!
    www.apple.com/uk
    New model already on sale (£219 for 20gb)

ReputationRep:
    They're still only using lithium ion batteries ^^

ReputationRep:
    4th gen? I've still got a boring old 1st gen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pzyko)
    I'm going to break my iPod and get the new one on the warranty
    Does anyone think that will actually work btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pzyko)

I heard, they ask very little question when you want to use the warranty. They send you a box to put the broken iPod in. You send it off and when they realise it's broken, they send you a new one. Pretty neat, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I heard, they ask very little question when you want to use the warranty. They send you a box to put the broken iPod in. You send it off and when they realise it's broken, they send you a new one. Pretty neat, eh?
    Ja, but I was wondering if they'd just send me an old model.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pzyko)
    Ja, but I was wondering if they'd just send me an old model.
    No it would probably be a new one. They're always talking about this at the iPod Lounge http://www.ipodlounge.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    No it would probably be a new one. They're always talking about this at the iPod Lounge http://www.ipodlounge.com
    Cool cool. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    They have to to do more than increase the battery-life (the only really noticable improvement in the fourth-gen iPod) to get me to buy one. Firstly, I dont want to be tied to iTunes every time I want to make an MP3 - especially when there is so much other fantastic software out there (notably EAC with LAME codec and Winamp as a player). Also, the sound quality is still not as good as its competitors like the iRiver H-Series. Nor does it have a radio, like the iRiver does.

On top of all this, they still have the nerve to charge £70 more for the 40Gb iPod than the 40Gb H140 iRiver!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    They have to to do more than increase the battery-life (the only really noticable improvement in the fourth-gen iPod) to get me to buy one. Firstly, I dont want to be tied to iTunes every time I want to make an MP3 - especially when there is so much other fantastic software out there (notably EAC with LAME codec and Winamp as a player). Also, the sound quality is still not as good as its competitors like the iRiver H-Series. Nor does it have a radio, like the iRiver does.

On top of all this, they still have the nerve to charge £70 more for the 40Gb iPod than the 40Gb H140 iRiver!!!
    Okay. Calm down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pzyko)
    It will work...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pzyko)
    Okay. Calm down.
    Actually they were just a few widely acknowledge, and briefly put points that everyone should consider before going out and blindly buying the iPod (like I almost did). Theres no evidence of anger in the tone of that post anywhere.

So take your pseudo-patronisation elswhere.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.