Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

gcse grades:

They are, yes. Just avoid the GCSE heavy medical schools when you apply
    •  Official Rep

Official Rep
    (Original post by Sophie Sharrock)
    I've just got my GCSE grades back and overall I got 1A*,5A's,4B's. I got a BB In science and a B in maths but my school still said I can do maths and biology and chemistry at A level. When looking at unis I do meet a lot of the requirements but then people say you need 7/8 A*'s or more? I volunteer in a hospital on wards and have hospital work experience booked. Please would anyone be able to tell me if I stand a chance!
    Good morning

Don't worry! Needing 7 A*s or more to stand a chance is not true - it totally depends on which Medical School you're applying to.

For instance, you want to avoid Cardiff, as the Cardiff Med School focuses heavily on GCSEs during the selection process.

Other than that, if you get great AS levels and A levels, then you're in a good position to apply to plenty of other Medical Schools!

Congrats on your GCSEs by the way!

The Medic Portal
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.