Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK,Hello!

I am in y10 and going into y11 in a few days,as you know i will be having my gcse exams in y11...

I have planned out how i am goi ng to revise for them already over the summer holidays.

I'm planning on starting revision October 1st(8-9 months in advance)...Is this enough time to revise properly as i am aiming for 9 A*'s and the remaining being A's...

On a scale 1-10(1 being too early and 10 being too late) where you would you place me in terms of 8-9 months revision...

Anything to look out for and other general advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNN)
    OK,Hello!

I am in y10 and going into y11 in a few days,as you know i will be having my gcse exams in y11...

I have planned out how i am goi ng to revise for them already over the summer holidays.

I'm planning on starting revision October 1st(8-9 months in advance)...Is this enough time to revise properly as i am aiming for 9 A*'s and the remaining being A's...

On a scale 1-10(1 being too early and 10 being too late) where you would you place me in terms of 8-9 months revision...

Anything to look out for and other general advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Don't burn yourself out by starting too early because you will just lose the motivation to revise later on. I suggest you start proper revision around March time and do some light revision from October. I would place you at 1 as it's too early. Enjoy your summer holidays rather than planning revision too early as September is gonna be a wake-up call.

ReputationRep:
    Too early to revise mate, I'm going to start revisin after February half term, but I will also revise for my mock exams in December

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNN)
    OK,Hello!

Thanks!
    October is too early. I suggest you start revising in January then you'll still have enough time to revise. But 1 subject you should revise everyday is definitely maths. You need lots of practise for that subject. Just look over the topics that you don't understand then you should be ok.
    Goodluck!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely, trust me when I say this: October is far too early.

I know what you are feeling - a great urge to do amazingly and this feeling is absolutely natural to all new Year 11's however by starting proper revision in October, I can guarantee you will burn out by exam season.

Just do your homework and understand everything said in class until Feb/March when you get serious about revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VNN)
    OK,Hello!

Thanks!
    Well you wont get those grades for Maths and English! The grading are changing to numbers ...

lmao I revised in april for my gcses

ReputationRep:
    What i did was just revise solidly during the Christmas break (or slightly earlier if need be but only by an extra week because anymore is just overkill) for the mocks in january. I did no past papers and focused on the content (with the help of cgp). I then focused more on coursework and art until easter. I then reviewed my knowledge for the first week in easter to refresh my memory and started pastpapers. For a while however i started to feel lazy and i just went through papers in my head. So basically id do a qs in my head eg explain how natural selection works for 4 marks. Then I'd use the answers to mentally check that i didnt miss out any of the points needed for marks. My parents didnt really like that i used a short cut to get through papers but its so much faster and i still managed all A*s so it definitely worked for me. Soz for typos because im typing as fast as i can on my phone. Usinh this method to get through allowex me to redo the papers again the night before to refresh my memory on how to answer qs. Hope this helps!! Just dont revise too early coz its just too much extra stress in all honesty which u can do perfectky fine without

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    I'm also going into year 11 in a few days time. At the moment i'm starting to devise a revision plan for my gcse's as well. Personally, from septemer to october its just going to be reviewing stuff from lessons and keeping on top of my self and then obviously i need to revise for mocks so i'll have a timetable for that. After december im going to start light/moderate revision and then build it up from there (Mid-January to February high intensity). As what other people have said, im not going to revise too intensely at the moment because i don't want to burn out. What gcses are you doing?

(Original post by VNN)
    OK,Hello!

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion this is quite early and you may risk burn out if you are not careful. I started revising in March- April and got 6A* 6A (very close on 3 other subjects so possibly will remark). Did 1-2 hours a day leading up to Easter then did 5-6hrs a day during Easter. If you revise for your mocks and topic tests you will be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.