The Student Room Group

Studying Biology and Chemistry at A level, hard?

Poll

How difficult was Biology and Chemistry at A level?

I wanna know if I played myself by chasing both biology and chemistry at A level (I'm also doing ICT, but that's irrelevant) :colonhash:

Can former biology and chemistry A level students please stand up and share their honest opinions on these two subjects please, you don't have to sugarcoat anything :h: thanks
Original post by llama_whisperer
I wanna know if I played myself by chasing both biology and chemistry at A level (I'm also doing ICT, but that's irrelevant) :colonhash:

Can former biology and chemistry A level students please stand up and share their honest opinions on these two subjects please, you don't have to sugarcoat anything :h: thanks

Yes, they're difficult, but ultimately most A-levels you do will be (some more than others depending on how good you are at everything).

I only studied Chem out of those and it was difficult, not gonna lie. The maths parts were fairly nice though as a maths student (thought maths is NOT a requirement for Chem A-level) - the secret to maths anyway is to just practice as much as possible.

It's so easy to fall behind and try to cram everything, but it doesn't work, especially with chem. You need to take time to ensure that you remember different experiments, observatons etc and lots of other little details that can get you marks in the exam. And not everything will make sense the first time you read it, so just keep reading and asking questions till you do.

Good luck :h:
They're very challenging and will consume a lot of your time, unless you're a prodigy of science.

It's not easy, but it's not too difficult either, in order to stay on track you just have to revise every day - there's a lot of content you need to understand/explain/remember/memorise.

If you stay disciplined you should be fine :smile:
Biology is easy chemistry is not
If you struggled at GCSE science I wouldn't recommend tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending