Slipped by a grade for meds at QMUL!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
mitsypuppy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hello,

Missed the grade for med by one grade. Got ABC when I shoulda got ABB and places were oversubscribed- bummer.

Anyhoo, woz wondering- can i repeat bio (where my C was) and do one whole new A-level and reapply. Long-story short, would they consider me if I only did 2 a-levels next year and sumbmitted the ones I didn't chose to rewrite? Like dis

(leave alone)
Maths A
Chem B

for 2004
Repeat

Biology- cos I got a C

Do new
e.g Psychology

This would be to reapply for meds? Or would they tell me to get stuffed.

Please help me. I'm well upset I got rejected

Puppylong
The Cool Dude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mitsypuppy)
Hello,

Missed the grade for med by one grade. Got ABC when I shoulda got ABB and places were oversubscribed- bummer.

Anyhoo, woz wondering- can i repeat bio (where my C was) and do one whole new A-level and reapply. Long-story short, would they consider me if I only did 2 a-levels next year and sumbmitted the ones I didn't chose to rewrite? Like dis

(leave alone)
Maths A
Chem B

for 2004
Repeat

Biology- cos I got a C

Do new
e.g Psychology

This would be to reapply for meds? Or would they tell me to get stuffed.

Please help me. I'm well upset I got rejected

Puppylong

wat college did u go to
mitsypuppy
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by The Cool Dude)
wat college did u go to

For A-levels, I went to Dublin Tutorial centre.

I accepted my conditional offer for meds at Queen Mary University of London. One lousy grade bruv! They said this is the first yr they've had to chuck ppl off for even missing it by a notch. Otherwise they would've taken me. They did say my interview was excellent.

Gaaaawd! And I worked so hard

Pups
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hi bro.

i am in EXACTLY the same position as you. I got ABC and JUST missed my offer by one grade. kept phonin them up but they said they couldnt let me in. Queen Mary's was my only conditonal offer as well.

man, I too am thinkin of resittin. I got an A in biology but a C in chemistry (B was in economics).

I am not sure what to resit. Obviously I will have to resit chemistry, but is it a good idea to resit economics as well.

so where u thinkin of doing your resits. i am thinking of a private college for a short course (novemeber till jan) as that will be cheaper for me, but it will be VERY expensive and will put a great burden on my family. I am so dissappointed I missed it by one grade. dammit.

so tell me what u do bro, u gonna resit biology then?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
do u think we could resit the subject we obtained a B in as well? as resit applicants we are going to be more harshly judged.

can anyone also help on this please? i am so worried...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hey, I really feel for u guys/girls. Fortunately my results were good enough to get into QMUL but i can really understand your position.
About retaking- most unis want u to get 3 A's on ure resit so it would be wise if u took the subject u got a B in.
If you can get a place for a 3 year science course, that would also be an option but that depends if u want to "waste" another 2/3 years.

Anyway good luck whatever you decide to do
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Hey, I really feel for u guys/girls. Fortunately my results were good enough to get into QMUL but i can really understand your position.
About retaking- most unis want u to get 3 A's on ure resit so it would be wise if u took the subject u got a B in.
If you can get a place for a 3 year science course, that would also be an option but that depends if u want to "waste" another 2/3 years.

Anyway good luck whatever you decide to do
I will be doing a science degree. They are not a 'waste'. Also, 'get a place for a 3 year science course' soley for the reason of entering medicine, is just TRIPE, you should only do a 'science course' if you truly are interested in that particular field and want to study it further. If so, then using it as a route into medicine in 3 years is perfectly fine.
mitspuppy
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I will be doing a science degree. They are not a 'waste'. Also, 'get a place for a 3 year science course' soley for the reason of entering medicine, is just TRIPE, you should only do a 'science course' if you truly are interested in that particular field and want to study it further. If so, then using it as a route into medicine in 3 years is perfectly fine.
Yeah, the Science degeree is no waste! It'll make u a better person and you'll have more to answer for and you'll get to work with ppl from Barts hospital and get a feel for meds bruv!

But I'm doing medical engineerig. It sounds rad, plus I might find a better career thru it. Can't be bothered to repeat year after year, lus i fear they mite scorn resits.

If the course goes super dooper and I do well- but I STILL wanna be a doctor, then I'll apply through fast track grad entry- and the course meds, will be under 4 yrs long (3.5 I think).

how do I know? they told me so! Plus, med eng is applicable for this. And if I go broke, I'll earn on the sideline. PPl sponsor engineers all the time.

Rite, I'm sorted!

The guy that's doing science, u the 1 that missed out on Barts thru ABC a-levels as well? You ain't registeed and there 2 anonymous ppl dat replied

Puppy

P.S. Well done other guy for getting into Barts meds! I'm really envious!!!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.87%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (327)
63.62%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.67%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed