Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have this werid thing where I cant decide whether to remove people from my life that want to do me harm. I have like an egotistical vice to be nice to them but also realise I dont want negative people on my social media.
    What would you do?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It's a no brainer really. Why do you want to associate with someone who hates you? You don't need them in your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It's a no brainer really. Why do you want to associate with someone who hates you? You don't need them in your life.
    Good point! I really shouldnt let this get me down,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    In addition to this, why are people who hate you on your social media friends lists in the first place?

I really do not see a dilemma here. Complete a common sense cleanse of your contact lists across the board.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCC75)
    In addition to this, why are people who hate you on your social media friends lists in the first place?

I really do not see a dilemma here. Complete a common sense cleanse of your contact lists across the board.
    Even if its a Girl? Maybe Im just being to sentimental here, I dont know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvpmb)
    I have this werid thing where I cant decide whether to remove people from my life that want to do me harm. I have like an egotistical vice to be nice to them but also realise I dont want negative people on my social media.
    What would you do?
    You are not alone. This is more common than you imagine. As far as face-to-face is concerned - there is nothing wrong with being polite to someone without actually engaging in any form of conversation. As for online - rather than full on unfriend them, you can unfollow them. You can also put all your genuine followers into a group and then only post posts to that group so the people you don't like can't comment on your activity. If you are strong though, just unfriend them.

Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.