Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    if so, what is your current position?
    where could this degree take me?
    if I do a masters in physiotherapy after sport rehab bsc where could it lead me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can go onto study an accelerated MSc afterwards and become a Physio that way. I'm a Physio assistant and lots of my colleagues have done the same. I'm also due to start an accelerated MSc myself in a few months. My first degree is in Sports Therapy. Sounds like you're in a good position. Just make sure you study hard and obtain at least a 2:1 in your undergrad degree. Most programmes won't accept any less than a 2:1.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

(Original post by unaManzana)
    if so, what is your current position?
    where could this degree take me?
    if I do a masters in physiotherapy after sport rehab bsc where could it lead me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staysh)
    You can go onto study an accelerated MSc afterwards and become a Physio that way. I'm a Physio assistant and lots of my colleagues have done the same. I'm also due to start an accelerated MSc myself in a few months. My first degree is in Sports Therapy. Sounds like you're in a good position. Just make sure you study hard and obtain at least a 2:1 in your undergrad degree. Most programmes won't accept any less than a 2:1.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

I get put off thinking about doing a 2 year masters after.

as after the masters id still be in the same position as someone who spent 3 years and less money doing a Bsc in physiotherapy.

I'm worried about my future and am contemplating dropping out.

ReputationRep:
    You've got to want to do whatever it takes. You either stay on your course and do a masters after, or you drop out of your current course and do what it takes to get onto a BSc in Physio. I personally would get a cracking grade on the course I'm on, and anticipate doing the MSc. Yes it's more competitive, but imagine if everyone let that put them off? Make a choice and chase it!

I get put off thinking about doing a 2 year masters after.

as after the masters id still be in the same position as someone who spent 3 years and less money doing a Bsc in physiotherapy.

I'm worried about my future and am contemplating dropping out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staysh)
    You've got to want to do whatever it takes. You either stay on your course and do a masters after, or you drop out of your current course and do what it takes to get onto a BSc in Physio. I personally would get a cracking grade on the course I'm on, and anticipate doing the MSc. Yes it's more competitive, but imagine if everyone let that put them off? Make a choice and chase it!

are you working while doing your masters?
    if so, where?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently working as a Physio assistant. They're sending me to study on secondment so will be paid a slightly lower wage by them until I qualify. You can get a post graduate loan and work part time to supplement it. If you could get a part time job as a bank Physio assistant, then that would help you both financially and with experience. Hard to come by but definitely do-able

are you working while doing your masters?
    if so, where?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.