Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Are my GCSE grades good enough to get me into Durham University?

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Maths: B
    Science: B
    RE: B
    Spanish: B
    History: B
    Business: B
    English Language: A
    English Literature: A
    German: A*

I want to study German and Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Durham doesn't really care about your GCSE grades. What matters more is your AS/Predicted A level grades, and your personal statement.

Please please please do not be put off because of your GCSE grades! You did really well!!

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about doing geography at Durham, I like the course content and the collegiate aspect to it as well.For my GCSE, I achieved A*,A, 3 B's and 3 C's. I know there not the best and it worries me. For my AS level results (AAABC), I got A in Business Studies, A in Religious Studies, A in Geography, B in History and finally a C in General studies (not that anyone cares about that ). My predicted grades are A*AA

Help me out I'd love to apply but I'm not there give to me :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallousCleric)
    I was thinking about doing geography at Durham, I like the course content and the collegiate aspect to it as well.For my GCSE, I achieved A*,A, 3 B's and 3 C's. I know there not the best and it worries me. For my AS level results (AAABC), I got A in Business Studies, A in Religious Studies, A in Geography, B in History and finally a C in General studies (not that anyone cares about that ). My predicted grades are A*AA

Help me out I'd love to apply but I'm not there give to me :/
    Yes, apply.

ReputationRep:
    I think apply - i got;
    Maths A*
    English lit A
    English Lang A
    Core science A
    Additional science A
    Religious studies A*
    Psychology A*
    Modern Hebrew A*
    History A*
    Drama B

And I'm doing history, politics and economics for A level
    Is there a chance of me getting into law at Durham with these GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, unis dont care about GCSEs... nail your A-levels and you will be fine! #Moooose

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Durham on thursday for Biosciences with 1 A*, 4 A's and 4 B's at GCSE, AAAB at AS, and A*A*A predictions. So I don't think they look at GCSE's much

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.