Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a place at uni to study nursing, which for this year is funded by NHS. I have the bursary etc but do i need to do anything for course payment or do the NHS pay it automatically? Thanks xx
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by nursingwannabe)
    I have a place at uni to study nursing, which for this year is funded by NHS. I have the bursary etc but do i need to do anything for course payment or do the NHS pay it automatically? Thanks xx
    NHS pay it for you automatically.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who's been confused about this! Thank you so much for putting this out there!

ReputationRep:
    This year NHS fees are paid. However, in England from September 2017 the fees will need to be paid for by the student like other degrees.
    This will involve taking out a student loan for fees as well as one for maintenance costs. The student loan company would then pay the university directly with the loan you have taken out from them.
    You will get your bursary this year and if you're in England you can also apply for a maintenance loan to help you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.